PDA

View Full Version : panic upon waking in the morning

paulaf
16-07-10, 11:33
Recently I have found that by evening / night time I feel so much better, more relaxed and go to bed hoping that I am eventually starting to improve. Every morning however, I waken with a surge of panic, anxiety and adrenaline, as if my mind and body get such a shock to be awake and I just feel this incredible dread like 'oh no I am still in this situation, what am I going to have to face today?'. I noticed that there is a reference to the 'dreaded morning feeling' in Claire Weekes' 'self help for your nerves'. She advises to get up immediately, which is what I have started doing because I just dwell if I lie there. Does anyone else get this?

trish1955
16-07-10, 12:01
i could ave wrote that peice infact i ave a few times i hate going to sleep sl as feel a lot better at night i hate the morning infact i am aveing a hard time right this minute and it wont pass i cant find me rescue remdy so feeling over anxouise to the point of aveing a panic attack

jothenurse
16-07-10, 12:14
I wake up like this every morning. I also usually feel better at night. It's awful.

juliej
16-07-10, 14:01
Yes I get this too , I think the light mornings don't help because I wake up earlier and then thats it bang thoughts start rushing around in my head and I cant go back to sleep. I've started getting up and making myself busy and I do find it helps although sometimes 4am is a little too early lol x

paulaf
16-07-10, 17:13
Its strange, I used to enjoy nothing more than a lie in at weekends, I was able to sleep in til the afternoon. All that has changed, now I just have to get up when I wake. It makes me not want to go to bed at night because I know how I will feel when I wake up.

joans60
16-07-10, 17:39
Hi There I thought I had wrote this myself
I get the same I dread opening my eyes in a morning as I know what is going to happen.
But I am okay at night and I dont have any problems going to sleep,

Joanx

Caz 47
17-07-10, 22:17
I suffer this feeling and yes i listened to claire weeks tape and i did exactly what she said for a few weeks got straight up when i felt the panic start in my head ....it isnt every morning it happens just sometimes and then i get my heart racing ten to the dozen and panic so i get up have a cup of tea and read a book i find it calms alot doing that ... i also agree that night time is better im calm and relaxed i sometimes stay up late so i can just enjoy the moments of calm and peace that the nightime brings ...:hugs:to all fellow sufferers its nice to know im not alone ....Carole x

daybyday
17-07-10, 23:01
I have the adrenaline mornings and happy evenings too.
I also enjoy the evenings and often feel like a whole new person.
Mornings my mind begins to race with thoughts and then my system and heart can race too.

Baggie
18-07-10, 10:44
I know exactly where you are coming from Paula. I've experienced the feelings that you've mentioned and they are so horrible. I've had them on and off over the past couple of years. It's good that you've got Claire Weekes' book to help you. I've just finished reading mine and I found it so good.

Like some of the others who have posted, it's always in the mornings that I've been affected most. I've got better as the day has gone on and felt much better by the evening. Then I've felt daft for feeling this way, but I realise that there are so many people in the same boat.:)

What I've found helpful, when I've felt rubbish in the morning on wakening is to immediately plug in my headphones and listen to Classic fm on my mobile phone's radio just for a few minutes. It gives my mind something else to focus on and does make me feel a wee bit better. Take care. x:hugs:

nickymc
26-07-10, 00:55
I also understand where everyone is coming from i do a morning check on myself without even meaning to. How do i feel today? How many panic atacks will i have to endure today? How long is this day going to feel like? what am i going to acheive today? what is the kids behaviour going to be like today? and how will i cope? etc etc. I know i shouldnt be doing this and i am actually feeding my vicious circle of thoughts and feelings but i just cant stop. I hate my lfe at the moment i just want to feel "normal" well for me anyway. Ive been like this for 4 weeks now and been on anti Ds for 3 weeks feel better now than i did for the first 2 weeks but still not anywhere near where i would like to feel.

louiseevans222
26-07-10, 01:09
Yeah Iv'e had the same problem, I wouldnt say, a shock, but more of a panick....

I used to suffer from anxiety really bad untill I got over it, and changed my thinking, because anxiety start from the mind...

A few years back I was getting so bad, I was developing agoraphobia, my phobias were getting worse, things that i never used to be scared of started to haunt me....

And it really closes in on you, its horrible....

But I used this really good tool I recommend, it helped me get over my anxiety, and I havent had the anxiety disorder for a good 2 years now....

You can get FREE instant access to it, if you click the link below....

Hop it helps :)