PDA

View Full Version : were the hell did this panmic attack come from

trish1955
16-07-10, 11:54
one minute i was tidying up the next i felt over anxoiuse then the panic going round my bedroom flapping my arms like a headless chicken nothing is working i am shaking from head to toetrying to focus on wat i ave no idea as nothing will come to mind exept this awfull feeling i am not new to this as been this way for so many years near on 40 so y does it still scare me to death dont no if this is helping or not i no i cant find me rescue remdy been lookin for it all morning thats winding me up as i guess i am over thinking i need it now just wished i could breath it away but it aint working help lv trish

Nattyburt
16-07-10, 12:56
This happens to me regularly, i have attacks when i am absolutely fine, they just come from nowhere.

I have found splashing cold water on my face can calm down the anxiety quicker, and if im feeling brave i will run up and down the stairs a few times to rid myself of adreneline. If i eat too many sugary foods i am more likely to get attacks so i try to limit my intake too.

Hope you are feeling betterx

trish1955
16-07-10, 13:41
thanks for your reply i was wondering why u said and if i am brave enough i run up and down stairs i to use that kinda fraseis it cus somtimes u fear it will make it worse i do lol or i find a room i feel i can cope with its mostly my bedroom i use to go running to my husband to help me then i am angry at myself for not working through myself so i dont go to him now but thats just another story thanks any way for your help it always feels better wen you no your no alone somtimes wen you read stuff on here we always think how fears and anxiety is worse than there why i dont no you take care try and enjoy the rest of the day thrish x

jaded jean
16-07-10, 14:34
Hi Trish,
I have just had the same experience . I have recently changed my job status and I am a bit anxious as I had tomove areas of work etc and as I was doing a bit of browsing in a shop my vision went blurred I thought I was gonna fall over so I grabbed hold of a rail in the shop and started deep breathing. I slowly walked to my car and drove home/when I got in I was sweating so much it scared the hell out of this time my last big p.a was a year ago. and like you I was not expecting it...
Jean