PDA

View Full Version : Constant headache..........

Neen
16-07-10, 16:04
Hey guys just after some comfort. Been having these constant headaches for a week now. Docs dont wanna know; however will go back. Just started a formal complaint. This headache is right side only, sometimes at the top of my head sometimes at the bottom - base of skull. I have the horrid, one sided feeling of something in my throat. Could something at the back of my head be causing the lump feeling? This is freaking me out now. Was diagnosed with LPR - silent reflux; however pills doing nowt and this feeling never goes - now with right sided, full feeling headaches...... please help guys

N xx

Humly
17-07-10, 09:39
Hi Neen.

I am sure that the headaches are just caused by tension. I get them myself and I know what its like to have something like this take over your life. You are so wound up and anxious about your throat that it is bound to be making you tense. I think I mentioned to you that my mum had the same one sided feeling of a lump in her throat which went on for ages. She saw about 3 different doctors and had the camera down 3 or 4 times and it turned out to be nothing. However, once you are convinced that something is not right it is so hard to accept and move on.

What kind of meds are you on? Perhaps they just take time to kick in.

I am sorry you had such a bad time with your doctor. I hope you get the tests you want/need to sort this out. I wish you well. Humly x

Neen
17-07-10, 21:05
Hi Humly

Thanks for the reply. I can remember you mentioning about your mum having this constant feeling. Does she still suffer from this? I hope not! I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. I'm sick of having this weird sensation in my head, neck and throat. It's horrid. I'm on anti reflux meds called: Omeprazole 2 times a day. I take Codeine when the pain gets bad. I have a script for diazepam and haven't got them yet??? I suppose I'm scared too! Never had them before but I'm curious about having one and the pain stops? As the consultants I work with keep telling me it's my muscles??? I'm just so uptight about this. I've tried to ignore symptoms today but it's hard when they're constantly there! I'll be ordering an MRI next. I'm currently complaining and have a formal complaint against my practice and 2 GP's via my local PCT. It hasn't been a nice 3 months!!! But thanks for replying tho - appreciate it

Nina xx

ditzy
17-07-10, 22:19
Hi Neen

What scares you about taking the diazepam? Seriously if your pain is anything to do with your muscles and getting tensed up then diazepam will sort it out within a couple of days it'll be gone you will be amazed. They won't harm you what have you got to lose? You may aswell give everything a try to see if it'll get rid of the pain. X