PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced this?

I like pencils
16-07-10, 17:08
For the past few weeks I've been feeling really unwell. Symptoms; overly tired (to the point of having to have one or two naps in the day), dizzyness, slurred speech (which has only ever happened when really anxious or drunk until recently), blurred vision - this only happened yesterday but it was really scary, I couldnt read or focus on anything and it was making me feel sick, when my eyesight came back it was followed by the most severe headache I've ever experienced, this passed in about 3-4 hours but I still have a dull ache there now.

I seem to be letting my anxiety take over alot more recently, so I'm thinking maybe this is stress? But it also describes diabetes. I hate going to the doctors, I avoid it at all costs.

davey
16-07-10, 18:16
Probably is anxiety especially if your suffering anyway however you should still go to the docs just to be on the safe side even if its just to have your blood pressure checked

absentia
16-07-10, 18:28
With the blurred vision and headaches, it just sounds like you are unwell. You really should see the doctor though, as it could be a number of things. If you are feeling exhausted all the time and you have been under long-term stress it may even be adrenal exhaustion, in which case it could be hormonal.

ladybird64
16-07-10, 21:10
Hi Pencils

It is always wise to get things checked by a doctor but I was also wondering if it might be useful to have a read of this?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

As you can see, everything you have described can also be a symptom caused by anxiety..I also get the blurred vision and it is so annoying!

Anyway, hope you feel better soon :flowers:

Anxious_gal
16-07-10, 21:14
how long did the slurred speech last? That only happens me when I get a migraine.
or have you had any recent changes to your medication?
sorry your feeling unwell, *hugs* x

jothenurse
16-07-10, 21:17
Definitely sounds like you had a migraine - especially without being able to see very well and then you got the headache.