PDA

View Full Version : Just another panic attack

Jabz
16-07-10, 19:30
I had a panic attack today. It was based on physical symptoms, I thought I was weak on my legs and I started thinking what if this isn't a panic attack but something else. Something that maybe is happening to me. My legs got weaker and I felt a flush in my body all the way to my head, this is the same flush you feel when you're deathly afraid. I started clenching my fists and telling it to come on and to bring it, but it eventually it was overwhelming. I excused myself and started walking, seconds into it I noticed my incorrect breathing and I took over the breathing. I felt an immediate relief with some lingering symptoms, but the worse part is thinking about how frustrating it is to have a panic attack. What if it happens again and again and again and again and nothing can help me stop it. The sheer frustration and depression from this, is overbearing, but I need to press on and continue with what I was doing. I have been panic attack free for maybe a month now. So one in a month is not bad.

Triggers:
coworkers's irritating comments
coworker asking me "whats wrong with you? you are all depressed" as if I want to be depressed.
Very Hot.

At the moment of attack:
Feel my head pulling me back as if it has a weight on it, made me scared that I am going to fall backwards and pass out.
Wobbly legs, every step felt like jelly. No confidence.

Just thought i'd share.

Stan,
http://anxiousdiary.blogspot.com/

ladybird64
16-07-10, 20:52
Hi Stan

Just wanted to reassure you a bit. :)

You are doing everything right and going by your posts you have been for a while.
It is demoralising and depressing when a PA rears it's head again but as you say it's the first one for a month, so thing are moving in the right direction.

I had a short-lived one this week, at home, which has never happened before but I was under a great deal of strain at the time.
It's the first PA, full blown for months, I had a little one about a month ago when out and about (ex-agoraphobic).

Don't give this any more attention than it deserves, it happened, was disturbing and annoying but harmless.

Keep on doing what you're doing :flowers: