PDA

View Full Version : anxiety attacks

jenniss
28-07-03, 12:18
I have been a sufferer of panic attacks for the last 7 years i have now gained control of the panic attacks but i still sometimes get anxiety attacks. when i get a anxiety attack i dont go to any public places! I am now challenging them and going out anyway and when i return home i feel emotional, totally loosemy enthusiam and feel like life isnt worth living are these symotoms of anxiety or something else?

does anyone know?

Shelley
28-07-03, 15:56
Jen

I think that constant anxiety can be worse than the panic - just keep doing what you are doing now - you got over the panic you can learn to relax - breath through your mouth - I was recently told it's impossible to tense up whilst breathing through your mouth once you learn to relax the axiety will fade. Good look feel free to email if you fancy a chat.

x

Shell

Meg
28-07-03, 15:59
Hi Jenniss,

Well done for challenging your last limitations and for getting in control of your panic attacks. Excellent .

If when you go out and challenge yourself you have anxiety and release adrenaline one of the sideeffects of it passing through your system is a huge emotional release, usually people get very tearful and sad.

In challenging yourself you've moved another step closer to total freedom from these attacks and I hope you really congratulate yourself on achieving this step forward and treat yourself.

Quite often people instead of congratulating themselves actually tell themselves off for not having done that task earlier or not having gone further etc. This part is all about self expectation and how you talk to yourself. Make yourself feel special.

smudga
29-07-03, 04:57
Jennniss, I think anyone would feel down after an energy draining thing like going out to a public place when you aren't totally comfortable with doing it. When you have anxiety running through your body you start thinking of extreme things "like is life worth living". When you calm down u realise of course it is. I of course don't know how serious your particular thoughts of "is life worth living" are, so if you find you are thinking these whilst u r calm then you should go discuss it with your doc etc.. Cioa