PDA

View Full Version : Numb patch still not gone!

cassy1989
16-07-10, 21:38
I have had a numb patch just above my left knee since monday now. It's a few inches wide all round. I'm really panicking about it and thinking what could it be?
I tried pinching it and it really hurts when I pinch it, in fact it hurts more when I pinch there then when I pinch a peice of my skin that isn't numb? Please does any one have any idea what it could be? I'm really worrying it could be MS!

nomorepanic
16-07-10, 21:42
Have you been to see the doc about it?

cassy1989
16-07-10, 21:43
No I have been too busy at work this week to go there. On monday morning I had been kneeling down for a while at work doing some ones nails and it was monday evening I noticed this so I was wondering if it could be any thing to do with that. I'm off work tuesday so I am going to go to the doctors then if it isn't gone but I am really panicking that its MS :(

nomorepanic
16-07-10, 21:51
I doubt very much it is MS with just one numb patch like that - you would have loads more symptoms.

Probably due to you kneeling on it to be honest.

cassy1989
16-07-10, 21:54
Thank you. I really hope it is. I just don't understand why my actual knee hasn't gone numb though, why would it be above the knee?
Also it is bugging me that it hurts when I pinch there, it hurts more then any where else I pinch on my body which is odd and don't people with ms get a lot of pain symptoms?
I probably am over reacting but can't help it :(

nomorepanic
16-07-10, 22:10
This is from the website symptoms page:

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

Humly
17-07-10, 09:25
Hi. A few years ago I also had a numb patch which was below my knee. I went to the docs and he said it was nothing to worry about and sent me away. I was so worried about it but eventually it just went away. Nicola's last post explains it brilliantly.