PDA

View Full Version : Just been put on Fluoxetine / my first time ever...

andsbaby
16-07-10, 21:59
Brief outline .. I have OCD tendencies and anxiety issues as well. I always thought I was just 'an organized and tidy person' ha ! Apparently it's a little more than that !

I'm 36, have a 3 year old boy, am single, and have a cat as well (another brief outline).

Anyway, just wanted to put it out there and find out how others have found the medication ? Any chit-chat about it is welcome xx

flyers28
16-07-10, 23:54
Hello! i've recently been put on prozac as well. about 4 days ago to be exact. I suffer from anxiety/depression, and i tend to dwell on things so i probably have ocd. I'm curious to know how you feel on it? So far I feel a little nautious, i'm tired, i have no sex drive really...but as far as the obsessive thoughts they calmed down to extent.

chel
17-07-10, 04:15
hi was on fluoxetine for depression and anxiety. it turnt out not to be the right meds for me. but had all the effects your having as well as werid dreams :)

flyers28
17-07-10, 06:05
how long were you on it? i was on pristiq for 3 months and i felt it worked but i stopped taking it and now here i am back talking about my anxiety haha....how long did the side effects last?

andsbaby
17-07-10, 06:07
I haven't taken any yet, was just given it yesterday, and will start them this morning. The doc did say to expect to feel ill for the first two days.

Re the weird dreams chel .. When I gave up smoking, I was on the patches and they also make one have some strange dreams.

flyers28
17-07-10, 06:18
My first day taking it i believe was Tuesday. But i relapsed into a depression so i think thats why my stomach aches were so severe. But i did have a very vivid dream last night. You may be tired, and you may lack an appetite. My doctor also gave me ativan to help with the side-effects! i wish you the best of luck though!

andsbaby
17-07-10, 06:24
Thank you very much flyers ... I've just taken my first one.
As for the lack of appetite, that would be nice, since I've been eating more than necessary lately, ha.

chel
17-07-10, 06:55
was on them for a month, first few days were worst for side effects but was the best sleep had for ages altho great sleep didnt last. had the side effects the whole month but they did ease of a bit, but everyones different they werent right for me. also had loss of appetite lost a stone which have now put back on with an extra one lol from meds on now.

the werid dreams were quite funny andsbaby, never had any from smoking patches tho lol

sarah jayne
17-07-10, 09:19
Ive been on them for 5 1/2 weeks. The only side effect i have had is a slight headache when i first started taking them. Up until this morning i though they were really helping me as i have been feeling like my old self, i havent had a panic attack in weeks ! This morning i woke up with a sore chest and ive had some palptations, im hoping its just a little blip x