PDA

View Full Version : hello all....

SDWlogon
16-07-10, 23:57
i am wondering if there is anyone else out there who has experienced "panic/anxiety disorder" that just keeps getting worse, and stays around longer. i am at a point where i feel like i am losing my mind. i do believe that my LSD use in the past is a major contributor to these attacks, and i do kind of feel like i am having flashbacks. how do you control them and manage them? i can't leave my house, and am afraid of little noises. i am having audio and visual hallucinations, and feel like everything is surreal. if there is anyone who can explain this to me i would be thankful.

nomorepanic
16-07-10, 23:58
Hi SDWlogon

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
17-07-10, 11:24
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Darren27
17-07-10, 11:48
hey there I'm new to the forum too, In relation to your question about how do you control them, I haven't found a propper solution yet, sometimes deep slow breathing works for people but not for others, distracting yourself can sometimes work like for example kicking a football (kick ups) counting how many times you can kick the ball without focusing on ur symptoms while doing it because focusing on those will just make it worse. Counting red cars if on a bus... um housework like hoovering. Laptop, music. Just don't give into it by over breathing just don't focus on the breathing if that technique doesn't work, "we breath automatically so trying to manually elevates symptoms". I make that mistake all the time so I just try to ignore the symptoms as much as I can, even if things get tough I still try to ride it out. The worst thing to do is think about having a panic attack, worry about the symptoms you're having at the present because it only makes them worse. Even if you can't help it just try to focus on something else as much as you can without thinking of your symptoms.

In my opinion the easy way out is medication which can help wonderfully but once you come off there is a good chance your symptoms will come back eventually. In my case it did. My body got used to the medication and it stopped working so beating this without medication will help prevent it from coming back and even if it did you'd know what to do in the end.

so yeah distraction techniques or deep slow breathing techniques can work apparently, depending on the person. Another important thing to note is panic attacks no matter how severe cannot harm you and it's the bodys reaction to stress, heart palpitations wont harm your heart anymore than physical exercise or excitment, you wont stop breathing, the worst that would happen (being honest) is hyperventilation which actually would pass eventually anyway and even then you wouldnt stop breathing. All the horrible scary symptoms while having an attack cannot hurt you and WILL pass. (I'm better at helping others than myself lol).

My question to everything is knowing all this is helpful because it helps to understand what's going on, but how do you defeat it ? as in get rid of it completely... Staying in doors and avoiding going out will make things worse, forcing yourself to go out and do everything you would normall do is the best approach because that indeed is fighting it and saying "you know what throw all the crap you want at me, I'm still gonna do what I wanna do" I'm in the process of sticking my fingers up to it although it's super tough but who knows maybe I'll find the proof I need and it might work.

SDWlogon
23-07-10, 20:38
i just hope that it doesn't get worse. my dr gave me prazosin and xanax to treat it, but i don't know if i like relying on a pill to fix me when i think drugs messed me up in the first place. i was stuck in the house for over a week because of it. its a scary feeling.:weep:i don't like feeling like this. i will take your suggestions in mind, and try to get up and make myself do it, but sometimes it is too much. thank you for your suggestions. i just want to feel better......:shrug: