PDA

View Full Version : cant get much lower

bomberbeamish
17-07-10, 09:52
ive had a upset over changing meds,, i tried to change but freaked out,, so just back on my normal tabs,, ive had a whole week of panic , cant be on my own ect ect.. this has all started cause im ment to do straight swap from prozac to citalpham,, but im scared of it in case im ill,, and right now i feel so low and upset,, feel sick,, and i wanna do the change but i dont wanna be on my own when i do it i need some one here 24/7 while i do it. i dont wanna be like this.

ElizabethJane
17-07-10, 11:20
Hi Bomber I'm very sorry that you are feeling like this. Do you have the support of your GP/Psychiatrist? It sounds from your post that you just aren't ready for any changes at the moment. Any such change appears to threaten your stability. You need to be in a much stronger place before you can attempt such a change. Unless you are very ill and need to be in hospital then it is unlikely that you will have someone with you 24/7 whilst you make such a change. When you are feeling better then it will be 'baby steps' ie one day at a time and very gradual withdrawal. I had horrendous withdrawals when coming off mirtazapine and needed to go back on them again because the anxiety was so bad. I believe that you are on a mood stabilser as well and possibly that could be increased to get you over this sticky patch? Keep posting on here as there are others who have withdrawn from prozac and many more who are taking citalopram. Take care. EJ

bomberbeamish
18-07-10, 13:21
thanks elizabethjane,, i see your posts all over this site,, i think you have a very good out look on things and have helped me on a few things,, thank you xxx