PDA

View Full Version : hi i just joined this morning,

whisper58
17-07-10, 10:41
:) hi all i am nicky and just joined this morning, i have been suffering from anxiety disorders for many years but tried to fight it on my own cos i was scared of medication and being labelled. i have been on medication for nealry 3 months now, first i had citilopram but had bad dreams and woke up in a panic and was scared to go back to sleep, so two days ago i was started on sertraline tablets and am sat here scared worrying about side effects lol.
i also have has a condtion called dystonia for 12 years which i have spasmodic dystonia (which leaves me only able to speak in a whisper) and cervical dystonia (which leaves me with a slight head tremor depending on how i am, at its worst i have a very noticable head tremor). and also have chronic pain disorder. but i plod along taking each day as it comes. i am hoping to make new friends to chat with about anxietys and day to day stuff, i think it will help more chatting to people with anxiety problems. i have general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, post traumatic stress and agrophobia, so spend nearly all my time indoors except for when i am forced to go out ie for therapy. looking forward to hearing from people soon.
a big comfort to me are my cats 4 british shorthair called sky willow whisper and lacey, my ginger moggy girl called lily and not forgetting my old faithful british bulldog called floss.

diane07
17-07-10, 10:42
Hi nicky whisper

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
17-07-10, 11:08
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

whisper58
17-07-10, 15:17
thank you:)

Gareth
17-07-10, 19:28
Hello and welcome fellow dystonia sufferer! I was diagnosed with a focal dystonia in the index finger of my right hand a couple of months ago. Because I have health anxiety as well, this of course has been a very challenging time, and I am completely obsessed with the terror that it will spread, to my neck/head, to my eyes, to my vocal cords...

Oh well, just have to hope for the best I suppose! What is your story with dystonia? When did you get it? How did you first notice it? I am 35, and have had this problem with my finger for 2 years, but only just diagnosed.

be well!

Gareth

margaret jones
17-07-10, 19:52
Hi Nicky welcome to this fantastic site you will find lots of help and advice here and make lots of friends, when you are able do come into chat room it is a very sociable group and full of empathy and fun

Take Care Maggie