PDA

View Full Version : twitching but different this time

rebeccad
17-07-10, 14:47
Hi all, i have been a twitcher for over a year now at first i was completley obsessed but over time it doesnt even bother me now, i looked into the mirror yesterday and i saw my top eye lid in the corner was twitching constantly, not like the normal eye twitch that comes and goes every few seconds but constantly all the time and today, i cant feel it just see it when i look in the mirror which i probably have spent most of the day doing so, im really worried because i know with als the muscle twitches constantly and you cant feel it do you think this sounds anything like it? i mean there is no let up its constantly doing it.
im so worried :-(

leeann
17-07-10, 17:05
Hiya im in the same boat as you at the moment but the twitching is in both my legs :( worrying my self silly over it! I also had it in my eye lid few months back it lasted for about 2 weeks! xx

rebeccad
17-07-10, 17:27
ive had the twitching in my legs and honestly i neally ended up in a mental institution i obsessed over it so much, it is so common. I have also had the eye thing before but it comes and goes every few minutes but this is different if you look in the mirror it is flickering all the time and i cant even feel it. :-(

noodle1
17-07-10, 18:11
I have suffered with twitching for along time in my lower legs, I have recently started taking a vitamin B complex up to 3 x a day and have noticed a huge improvement, I recommend you give it a try and see it it works for you.

Rachael :flowers:

rebeccad
17-07-10, 19:38
the twitching has reduced loads since i stopped stressing over it,it honestly doesnt bother me but its just this eye thing because its non stop do you think it sounds like als or ms? its sort of flickering when i look in the mirror could it be a trapped nerve?

lemaladeimaginaire
18-07-10, 01:07
Rebeccad, I have also been twitching for ages (well, 4 years) all over, and sometimes constantly (my foot sole for 2 weeks recently, non stop, every 2 seconds). benig fasciculations. My grandma had asl, and she only started twitching after losing her strength. Also, gets your limbs first, unless bulbar, in which case it gets your throat/mouth, and even then, you'd notice weakness, not twitching.

Try to relax, it's nothing, most probably just another anxiety-produced ailment!

X

Rachel W
18-07-10, 01:20
I have been a major twitcher for close to two years and had the eye thing go on for a while which I think was the most annoying. usually twitches can be felt, but if it is in a muscle that doesn't tug sensory nerves then you won't be able to . However from what I have heard eyelid twitches are the most common and the most benign of any and as you are a twitcher and are predisposed then this is what it will be.

I am sure you are fine!!! Bless.