PDA

View Full Version : Dont want to google it, please answer my question!

jen2503
17-07-10, 14:57
what are the chances of someone just going blind?

im having a bit of an anxious day and just need some reasurrance really. i keep seeing floaters, noticed them for the first time a few weeks ago, now when im feeling anxious i see them, sometimes alot, sometimes only one or two. im 26 and short sighted, ive worn glasses since school.

im just panicking im going to wake up blind one day soon because of these floaters. it doesnt help that my glasses are scratched and old so i need new ones (thats what happens when kids keep grabbing them lol) so i am gonna go get my eyes checked, plus i had my youngest daughter nine months ago and i know that can effect your vision. am i going blind?

what are the chances of me waking up one morning unable to see anything? im winding myself up.

jen2503
17-07-10, 15:01
Anyone? sorry for being impatient.

Vixxy
17-07-10, 15:05
I think its fairly slim. If you were to put it another way youve woken up around 10,000 in your lifetime and youve never woken up blind before, so they liklihood its going to happen is really really tiny.
When you get your new glasses the optician will check your eye and let you know if you have any problems.

jen2503
17-07-10, 15:21
ok thank you. im still panicking though!

jen2503
17-07-10, 16:21
its ok, panic gone! thank you.

ive realised im due my af, so my eyes are a little dry and hormones are goi g mad so its flared my anxiety up, thats all. feel better now. i did google though. and found retinal detachment is very rare.