PDA

View Full Version : Orb In Vision, very scared!!!

Deanyboy
17-07-10, 17:33
Hi guys, i posted on here a while ago after having a migraine aura with no headache.

I also see the entoptic phenomena, where you see squiggly lines when you look at a light coloured surface.
I am now used to that, but yesterday when I was stressed out I saw a small blue bead, orb or sphere. I could see that it was 3 dimentional and round. it moved from the left side of my vision to the right and took around 3 seconds.

I read ages ago that this is a sign of my worst fear which is epilepsy.

Can anyone help?????????

Deanyboy
17-07-10, 20:24
anyone?????????? :unsure:

mary3
17-07-10, 21:08
hi i used to get a blue flashing orb constantly, i spent many months worrying about it till i finally went to the drs, he referred me to a neurologist. When i spoke to the neurologist he stated that this was entoptic phenomenan! anyway i googled this phenomena and my symptoms didnt quite fit that but it must have completely reasurred me because i rarely see the blue orb now and that was 3 years ago!! I actualy cant believe i have found someone with the same symptom, i was beginning to doubt wether i actually saw it or not!!
I think the symptom coincided with me starting citalopram but not sure.
Dont worry about epilepsy im very sure that isnt the case

Deanyboy
17-07-10, 21:12
thanks for the reply, its well appreciated! can i just ask, did the orb move across your vision or did it just flash in one place?

Dean :)

mary3
17-07-10, 21:18
it mainly flashed in one place but im pretty sure from what i can remember is that when it was bigger it moved but when it was smaller it flashed. when i get it now it is really smaller and flashes. Dont notice it hardly now though, sure it coincides with levels of anxiety for me. Would you feel comfortable seeing your gp, i think its best to get medical reasurrance when a symptom is new and upsetting x

mary3
17-07-10, 21:27
sorry should have said i only meant see your GP because they may reasurre you better than me, and i would hate for anyone to worry constantly about a symptom like i did for months, i didnt say it because i think the orb is anything sinister

Deanyboy
17-07-10, 23:29
no worries, thank you for replying again.

I had a phone appointment with the doctor who put it down to stress, so fingers crossed it's not anything worse! :)

Thanks again for replying, its nice to get feedback from other people who are victims of this horrible anxiety grrr!

take care,

Dean