PDA

View Full Version : how can it be a "bug" 5 wks later......

sjr1969
17-07-10, 18:30
Hi, done a few posts on here about how ill ive felt lately, fluey, weak, achey, tired, sicky, just poorly! Just to re-cap... after two weeks of feeling this way i saw doctor who said probably summer flu and body would take time to recover. If not better in another 2 weeks go for blood test, which i have. Results next week. But how can it be summer flu/virus/bug etc? Its been nearly 5 weeks now and no improvement.

How can this be a bug/flu viral thing if i am still feeling so ill. some days i think its going, but then it just returns. I feel like i have a bug or a virus, just that awful feeling when you are coming down with something etc.

Yesterday i felt 50 percent better but today again, i hurt all over, my skin feels sensitive and sore and even hurts to touch. Im really getting worried now, im scared it could be serious.

Sorry to anyone who has read my other posts and is getting a bit bored now, but i just needed to vent!

COULD THIS BE ANXIETY? I have noticed at times when i am busy, the majority of the symptoms ease or totally go away.??

Sarah x

Ella_Jayne
17-07-10, 18:52
I feel like this right now. Like you I went to the doctor, had blood taken, got the results and they were normal, but I still feel like crap. My head hurts, my breathing feels off, I feel sore all over, Dizzy, I could go on and on. I think it probably does have something to do with anxiety but when you feel this crap, it's sure hard to believe. You're not alone SJR, keep your chin up. It will go away, I guess it just takes time.

sjr1969
17-07-10, 20:55
bless you thanks so much for your reply. Its just hard to believe something isnt wrong when you feel so awful. Do you have other symptoms as well as the ones you have listed?

sarah x

Ella_Jayne
17-07-10, 21:11
Yeah I have so many symptoms, at the moment my head feels 'Full', i feel nauseous, faint, keep getting hot flushes, my balance is off, my eyes feel heavy... it's bloody terrible.

The first thing my GP asked me was 'Do you think it's anxiety related?' I mean you tell me, you're the doctor... and now after my bloods have come back fine he hasn't bothered to call me in for results and discuss it further just had the receptionist ring me and say they were ok. But that's harldy a solution to how I feel? Ugh! I hate this anxiety thing. Please try and not let it get you down, I know it's hard not to worry about having something serious with HA but seriously that's not even realistic if we think rationally.

Hope you feel better soon. (and me too) :winks:

If you need to chat don't hesitate to PM me. :)

jill07
17-07-10, 21:14
I am exactly the same, and have been for months now! At first gp put it down to major throat infection and anxiety, but had tonsils out two weeks ago and feel worse than ever!
Beginning to accept that it may indeed be anxiety related.... horrible isnt it? x

sjr1969
17-07-10, 21:24
yes it is. It just feels as if i have come down with something, bug type feeling you know what i mean? And you expect it to go like they usually do. But it hasnt.

Some days i feel like its getting better though, then others its just as bad. I keep trying to tell myself its anxiety but its hard when you feel so rubbish.

im sorry you have felt this way too, i know anxiety can cause endless symptoms and i have read they can cause flu type feelings but can it really be that powerful!?

sarah x

cattia
17-07-10, 22:22
I have experienced reallybad flu like symptoms when my anxiety has been at its worse, I felt as though I could not get up and felt weak and feverish, I actually thought I had chronic fatigye syndrome as I felt so unwell, but it really was just anxiety. I have also found that if I get a viral infection like a cold etc, then sometimes it kicks of an anxiety cycle for me and I find I can;t get over it, so a virus can 'morph' itself into anxiety, and it can seem like the virus is going on and on but actually anxiety has taken over. THis has happened to me lots of times. I am sure that you will break out of this cycle and feel better soon!

sjr1969
17-07-10, 22:41
Thanks cattia, that is so reassuring and sort of explained exactly what i have been wondering about.

I remember feeling this way for about 3 days around 6 weeks before i got poorly this time around and just thought "its a bug, nothing to worry about, be gone soon" and it was.

6 weeks later it happened again, this time i was thinking "oh my god, im ill AGAIN, whats wrong with me, is it my immune system? Have i got something wrong with me?" etc etc. I started to worry daily, "will it be gone today, will it be gone tomo?"

I started to worry about upcoming event i had to go to and days out etc, "what if its not gone by then", weeks have turned to months and i have actually wondered if all my worrying about it has "kept hold of it".

Am i creating these symptoms? Its hard to believe anxiety can make you feel so so poorly....

I want to believe this is anxiety i really do.

sarah x

dodo
17-07-10, 22:48
Your last analagy sounds a lot like my thinking at the moment. I am currently going through this and this is exactly how I have been thinking. And the worrying about upcoming events is me to a t.

I see people walking down the street and think to myself, when was the last time I felt really well? And I just can't remember and that upsets me.

sjr1969
17-07-10, 22:57
[QUOTE=dodo;684557] I am currently going through this QUOTE]

You mean symptom wise?

Yes i do that too, i find i look at people with jealousy too. I just want to be normal x

sarah x

dodo
17-07-10, 23:21
I've had the fluey thing yes, and what you wrote here:

6 weeks later it happened again, this time i was thinking "oh my god, im ill AGAIN, whats wrong with me, is it my immune system? Have i got something wrong with me?" etc etc. I started to worry daily, "will it be gone today, will it be gone tomo?"

That's exactly how I have been thinking.

jill07
18-07-10, 10:21
I am so pleased I am not alone because I have been really struggling lately... to the extent that I rarely leave the house, rarely drive now and cant plan anything in case I still feel so bad I too wake up every morning and think 'am I better today?' and got to bed thinking 'tomorrow may be ok'.
I have wound myself up into an intense state of constant panic and anxiety, have been to gps on almost weekly basis but get nowhere. I keep thinking 'what the hell is worng with me?, surely this cant just be anxiety?'
The main thing I have at the mo is major dizzy spells.... almost fell over yesterday, it scares me so much that I dread having to go to the shops. All of this I could cope with if on my own, but I have a toddler and I feel I am letting her down so much by keeping her cooped up a lot and by mummy always being poorly.
Oh well, started low dose of citalopram last night so will see if they help... fingers crossed because I cant bear this much longer! x

sjr1969
18-07-10, 10:23
Dodo,thanks, yes i understand, to be honest its pretty much consuming my life at the moment. Its hard to "ignore" symptoms when they make you feel so ill. I am getting an occassional mild sore throat at times with this fluey thing too and last night I made the huge mistake of typing in "sore throat" on NMP search. Someone had posted in the past about their fear of leukemia and unfortunately i read too much of the post and now im worried it could be that. I already had that fear in my head and when i read that last night it was as if i was doomed .........it just goes on and on.

sarah x

Dahlia
18-07-10, 11:18
Hi Sarah

There are lots of reasons you could be feling this way, other than leukemia. I think abnormal blood cells count would have showed up in your blood test if you had it anyway.

Anxiety can make you feel like this. I also had these symptoms for a long time, and eventually discovered I had a mould allergy. My GP told me to take anti-histamines to see if it worked, and it did. I was feeling so bad with the symptoms, that even when I got bronchitis at the same time I didn't notice because I was used to feeling so crap.

I also found I had those symptoms as a side effect of Seroxat.

My sister had those symptoms and her GP said it was 'sick building syndrome' from where she worked. She now uses an air cleaner at home.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Dahlia

dodo
18-07-10, 19:25
I am sure we probably read the same post. Leukemia and MS are my biggest fears at the moment.

sjr1969
18-07-10, 20:51
JILL07 sorry you are feeling this way, i can relate to you having a young child and feeling so bad.

DAHLIA i havent had my results back yet, hopefully back tomo or tuesday. I will be more worried until i get the all clear on them.

DODO i think the thing with the leukemia is that i was feeling so crap anyway and had this thought, then when i actually read it on a post it was almost like i was right to think it. Will be scared till i get results back, just hope they are ok. If all clear, i will have to think again about what these symptoms can be. By the way MS in another biggy for me to worry about too.

sarah x

josparks
18-07-10, 21:05
i feel the same as u cattia at the moment my body feels like i cant move and i feel like im dying my body is so heavy and weak i hope this gets better

jill07
18-07-10, 21:07
Hey Sarah, I wouldnt worry too much re Leukaemia.... if anything untoward showed up in your bloods you would def know about it by now. My grandad had it, and when routine bloods diagnosed it the surgery telephoned him within 12 hours. The longer you wait to hear re results the better it tends to be... my gp said no news is good news when it comes to medical results.
Its a grim place to be and its not surprising we read more into it... I quite frequently feel like Im on the verge of collapsing and struggle to believe anxiety could make me feel so bad, but I have been like this for months now and so far Im still standing.... xxx

sjr1969
18-07-10, 21:23
jill07 i only had the blood test on thursday morning so it still early days. I dont know why i have leukemia in my head, ive just never felt so bloody ill before and am thinking of bad things. Today i have had such morbid thoughts and i am just dreading calling the doctors tomo. Got a big cloud hanging over my head.

josparks, sorry you have feeling so rubbish, how long have you felt so bad for?

sarah x

jill07
18-07-10, 21:37
Sarah honest, if you had bloods Thur and anything urgent showed Im sure they would have let you know by now... its apparently not the testing that takes the time, its the getting the results to the surgery.
I got swine flu June 09 and never really felt right since, got really run down then got one never ending mother of a throat infection Nov 09 and felt worse and worse ever since. Had 2 sets of bloods which showed low level infection (chronic tonsillitis), but nothing else major. Finally conquered my surgery phobia (long story) and had tonsils out 3rd July. I should be well into recovery now, but feel worse than ever so I know now it wasnt all down to throat.
God only knows what it is.... scares the hell out of me but I just try to accept that its all part and parcel with anxiety, and the more we analyse and worry the worse we will feel. One doc did say to me that sometimes body and mind just get overwhelmed and run down. she said rest and relaxation are key, and also advised me to take echinacea, vit c, zinc and garlic to give immune system a kick start.
I started citalopram last night (although low dose), so going to see if they make a difference to the symptoms in any way.
Hope you feel better soon.... its grim but at least we know we arent alone! x

sjr1969
19-07-10, 10:47
thanks jill, sound like you have really been through it x

I had swine flu same time as you, was pregnant at the time so it was anxious time for me.

i dont think i will settle until i hear abou the results and until then i will probably make myself worse. I am going to ring this afternooon to see if results are in.

Sarah x

jill07
19-07-10, 11:20
Let us know how you get on with results xxx

sjr1969
19-07-10, 14:18
just got them. all clear, thankfully . am seeing doctor on thursday so will see what happens . thanks everybody x

sarah x

dodo
19-07-10, 14:34
Yippee. Surely that has got to make you feel tons better then. Itmeans that for sure there is nothing serious going on?

sjr1969
19-07-10, 14:43
would say so yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah x

Dahlia
19-07-10, 19:07
Great news, Sarah - enjoy the relief!

Dahlia

sjr1969
19-07-10, 20:31
Im enjoying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much of this is anxiety, makes you wonder ...........

sarah x

jill07
19-07-10, 21:29
Great news Sarah xxx

sjr1969
19-07-10, 22:01
thanks jill, just got to find out now whats occurring. seeing doctor on thursday. Still not sure how much of this is anxiety xxx

sarah x

jill07
20-07-10, 11:11
Hi Sarah, I just came across one of your other posts re feeling light headed and spaced out, and also having young children to look after.... sounds like we are very similar indeed, just like me!
Just wondering, how long has all of this been going on for you? And are you on any medication?
My little girl is now nearly 3, but she has never been a good sleeper and was feeding every 2 hours for the first few months.... still wakes once or twice now. I have never had any help and have always done it all alone (hub useless!), Im just wondering if this is a case of running on empty.... exhaustion, like been doing far too much for far too long and not getting enough rest.... emotional and physical burn out???
Let me know what you think xxx

sjr1969
20-07-10, 19:55
hi jill,

well my little girl is nearly 10 months now and as you will realise i havent stopped still yet! Dont want to speak to soon but she is good at sleeping at the mo so thats a good thing. My partner is great but as you know, mums just tend to do it all, its easier!
I was pretty ill when she was first born but i really think this last blip was made much worse by anxiety. I really feel so much better since finding out my blood was ok. Just see what doctor says on thursday when i go.

so far i have avoided medication and intend to do so if possible, but if i have to at some point then so be it. i am not at all against it, just want to see how i go without first.

I agree though, running on empty has to catch up with you at some point and this has been one of my thoughts ...

sarah x