PDA

View Full Version : Clinical Hypnotherapy

Zee
17-07-10, 21:13
I have had 2 sessions with a clinical hypnotherapist. The first session helped me to identify certain past problems and for 2 weeks after I was at least 50% better with my HA.
The second session was fascinating as I got hooked up to a machine which showed my heart rate and an onscreen graph which showed my stress levels. I was given words which made my stress level leap and then calming words which lowered it right down.. I was then able to consciously calm the levels by using the relaxing breathing technique and a visualisation.. It was helpful and relaxing.

dodo
17-07-10, 21:53
That sounds fascinating. I presume you paid for this privately. How did you find out about it? I wondered a few weeks ago about looking into something like this.

lavender123
17-07-10, 22:51
some here, i have tried every thing to get over the anxiety and panic stuff. if you let me know about this clinical hypnotherapy, where and when, private or national health, i would be very grateful. thanks:)

Zee
18-07-10, 14:03
Its fortunate that I have a practitioner close to where I live and came recommended. It cost me £45 per 1.1/2hr session, which I think is very reasonable. As I said, she is a clinical hypnotherapist and I think its important that you find a practitioner who is registered .If you do a net search on qualified/registered clinical hypnotherapist, it should find someone in your area.
Costs will vary I expect around the country and the tools they use in their sessions.You could ask or mail them to find out how they conduct their sessions. I can only say that my experience has been a good one and is helping.