PDA

View Full Version : giving up emetophobia cold turkey! do it with me!

stopthissong
17-07-10, 22:10
Hey
Im 16 and have had this phobia for around 4 years. I used to have serious OCD that linked with it but it took over my life to I just got rid of OCD and haven't looked back. I don't know exactly how this phobia started but I am ready to give it away. Usually each day I tend to make myself believe that I am S*** and I get scared and I have to try and make myself happy again by talking to people and going for a walk or whatever, anything to keep my mind off it.
I have seen many with the same phobia as me on here, and many of you are much older than me. I want to give it up now before it gets out of hand, and before I am older.
So does anyone else want to make a pact with me and just say that we will stop it right now, this very second. Im ready and I'm sure you are.
"I will give up emetophobia today, and not look back"
C'mon guys, we can do it, we are strong people and we can give something like this up! people say its a long road to recovery, I think giving it up cold turkey is the answer... before we waste anymore of our precious lives with this. We won't get these minutes, hours, years of worrying back, right? So lets live life freely and enjoy the escape from emetophobia!
:Dhappiness is on its way

stopthissong
18-07-10, 01:47
Going good so far... Already seeing signs of freedom and happiness returning, I am already feeling less stresses, worried and I am just a whole lot happier. If this is whats going on so far, think of the progress in time to come! I am excited at the thought of a new life. I can see you guys visiting this post... but your not writing anything, don't you want to join me and make a difference in your life?
All the best guys:)

fairyclairy
18-07-10, 12:56
Im in........ "goodbye emetophobia, you have ruled my life for 11 years, im now 22 and im ready to live MY life, not yours!"

xx

stopthissong
19-07-10, 07:23
Good job! How is it going so far?? I am feeling the freedom, don't let anything get in the way. :) I really hope you stick with it, it's never too late! Keep posted xxx