PDA

View Full Version : Hi there..

KittyKate
17-07-10, 23:54
I used to post here/lurk about 3 years ago I think.

I had major panic attacks everyday, and couldnt go into confined spaces.. even couldnt go and do my shopping in a supermarket or take a bus into town. Also crowds used to somehow trigger a panic attack. My life got pretty meanless at one point.

However I just wanted to post and say how my life has turned around and to tell people here suffering like I used to that there is hope. I dont know how it happened but the panic attacks just seemed to fade in time, I dont know how they just did. Three years ago I would have never believed that they would fade and dissapear but it happened. I have not had a panic attack in a year and a half and have been weaned off the meds. I have a full time job now and have even been on holiday (on a plane!) which is something I would have never thought was possible at the time.

Just want to thank the board for all youre advice you gave me and to let others know, dont give up hope because there is light at the end of the tunnel xxx

jothenurse
18-07-10, 02:47
I'm so happy for you. Good job.

trish1955
18-07-10, 10:48
I used to post here/lurk about 3 years ago I think.

I had major panic attacks everyday, and couldnt go into confined spaces.. even couldnt go and do my shopping in a supermarket or take a bus into town. Also crowds used to somehow trigger a panic attack. My life got pretty meanless at one point.

However I just wanted to post and say how my life has turned around and to tell people here suffering like I used to that there is hope. I dont know how it happened but the panic attacks just seemed to fade in time, I dont know how they just did. Three years ago I would have never believed that they would fade and dissapear but it happened. I have not had a panic attack in a year and a half and have been weaned off the meds. I have a full time job now and have even been on holiday (on a plane!) which is something I would have never thought was possible at the time.

Just want to thank the board for all youre advice you gave me and to let others know, dont give up hope because there is light at the end of the tunnel xxx

i wish that would happen to me had mine for 40yrs its lifted afew times but never gone wat meds are you on as i ave not had any ever but been aveing a bad 10months so maybe i should think about some trishxx

Jabz
18-07-10, 16:46
great job. i think what happens is that after three years of constant panic attacks you start to get sort of used to them and with that you start to slowly not fear them and accept them as part of you. this stops panic attacks in its tracks, once you reach that point you build up confidence.

KittyKate
22-07-10, 23:58
i wish that would happen to me had mine for 40yrs its lifted afew times but never gone wat meds are you on as i ave not had any ever but been aveing a bad 10months so maybe i should think about some trishxx

I was on citalopram and it helped me alot, am not having to take any meds now. xx