PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/panic attacks

Hj83
18-07-10, 00:32
Hi I began suffering from panic attacks around 5 years ago amazingly I managed to cure them myself after battling for a year until I had my children and they have returned on and off over the last few months the anxiety seems to be getting increasingly bad and I'm struggling to control it it's even got to the point that I'm struggling that much I'm wondering if I have an underlying health problem as I constantly get chest pain that feels as tho I'm going to hav a heart attack which then puts me in a state of panic half the time I feel fine but I get days where I feel so fatigued I worry I may collapse and I want to burst into tears from exhaustion but I can't cry my chest goes tight my breathing feels funny my legs and arms go heavy and achey my stomach goes all nervous and I get this cold rushing sensation sweep thru me it feels like everything in my body is goin at hundred miles an hour and as much as I try an relax I hav to keep busy I'm so restless my mouth goes dry I get headaches it's like I'm super sensitive to the slightest pain in my body I'm just so fed up of feelin like this I've been to drs and they are checking my bloods for thyroid diabetes and iron but still waitin on results last time round I had ECCS done so I doubt there is anything wrong with my heart but despite this I can't stop worrying I think stress is causing it and tiredness I don't get why I am so tired tho as I get at lest 6 .hrs sleep each night just mot sure what to do about this anymore I'm so scared of getting as bad as I was 5 years ago as I couldn't even leave the house I'm reluctant to go on medication what other options are there

beckyrdg
18-07-10, 01:02
I too was reluctant to go on medication but these days they are non-addictive and do take the edge off. I use half the dose my doctor recommends and I find I do quite well on this as gives just that bit more confidence to go out and do things. Give it a try, you can always come off them when feeling a bit better.

racdun
18-07-10, 23:21
You have mail.
Rachael

Vanilla Sky
19-07-10, 11:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

princecarspian
23-07-10, 18:59
Panic attacks are sudden surges of overwhelming fear that that comes without warning and without any obvious reason. It is far more intense than having anxiety or the feeling of being 'stressed out' that most people experience. One out of every 75 people worldwide will experience panic attacks at one time in their lives.

Emz
26-11-10, 15:28
You say you cured yourself last time? How did you do that?

Instead of worrying that you're going to get as bad as last time try thinking about it this way; You're not as bad as last time, you cured it then, you can do it again.

Take time to think about some of the methods you used to/still use to cope with and cure the anxiety. When you first found these coping methods you probably put your all into them to make the panic ago away. Over time, as you have become used to using them, you've probably become a bit complacent with them. Try taking a step back and looking what you did last time to overcome anxiety and I promise that you will beat it again.

NicolaD
24-07-15, 11:09
I get exactly the same feelings .. like an adrenaline rush through my head and arms down into my hands - it feels as if someone has injected me with some very coild liquid that is seeping through me. It is so frightening - it feels as if you are going to die. I took Citalopram but I felt as if it was making it worse so switched back to fluoxetine. I also get pains in the left side of my chest which feel so real and acute and actually in my heart but it has been checked and is all fine .. I try to convince myself that all these physical symptoms are just my brain but it is so hard. And soooo exhausting! Ijust want to sleep the whole time ..

luke213
28-07-15, 12:18
I have had similar feelings sometimes.