PDA

View Full Version : do we plant the thought of dreading the morning

trish1955
18-07-10, 12:53
dont no about others but wen we ave had a fair few bad mornings do you think we ave put our selfs on a rollercoaster we dont seem to beable to get off we imagine how mornings to be this way because we have had a number of them so we believe it will be same next morning and so on i no we dont mean to do this nor do we even no we have i could be wrong but if i am not how do we break the awfull morning feeling when i say morning i mean the whole bloody morning its like after luch we start to feel slightly better till end of the day we even say to our selfs i dread going to bed as it will be there when i awake see planting it that must be why i feel my head is a shed and i think i am a plant pot lol any way any one ave any thoughts on this thanks to all on this site that are here in our hour of need bless lv trish

jothenurse
18-07-10, 13:17
I'm sure this has something to do with it. I know Claire Weekes talks about this in her book. I was also told once that when you wake up, your defenses are down, so you don't have the opportunity to "brace" yourself for the dreaded morning feeling.

fretty freda
18-07-10, 17:49
omg i am sure i am too different people the morning i am anxious mess my mind is slow i slur my words i am doomed i dread every morning i cant be around anyone i need to have a cigerette as soon as i wake up i go in a transe i feel like my eyes are open but my minds asleep this has been going on two years and i swear i am totally sickened with it its ruining my life and my relationships and if anyone can offer help like anyone i would be most gratefull xxx

trish1955
18-07-10, 21:15
me to i no smoking adds to my heart racing but its a bbit of a vicouse circle the need for nicotine does the same thing i did pk up smoking for 8yrs in 1992 but started again in 2000 when some bad stuff was going on in my life and me dad died bless he was my rock as for you mind its like mine i was on phone other day asking for an address was she was saying it i tried to ask if i had to write the whole word but it kept coming out the whole world 3 times i tried to say it well by this time i am getting anxiouse thinking thats it i am going gargar lol any way glad to no now i am not the only one like you any ideas would be good even it ment i had to handstands i would flippin try lol bye for now lv trish x

snippy
18-07-10, 21:34
Hi Trish, I am another of those that dread the morning, I go to sleep thinking it will be a bad day tomorrow and it is,,,,funny thing is how we tell ourselves that and feel negative, therefore we are negative.

I have tried various ways to change this, I try and set myself a goal for the next day, ie something nice, like painting my toe nails and think yeah that will make me more pretty and happy with myself,,something simple as that and when you have mustered the energy to do that you feel good about yourself.

Another thing I have recently started doing is, I purchased some worry dolls, they are tiny tiny little figurines, that live in a box by my bed in the day and at night before I go to sleep, I tell each one my worry, then place it under my pillow. Sounds strange you may think, but there is more to this than meets your eye, but telling your worries seperately, out loud, before bed, seems to pre emt your thoughts throughout the night and I have been waking up feeling generally more positivie.
I hope my input has been of use, or failing that good reading.
Snipps xxxx

MidnightCalm
22-07-10, 03:10
Awh, I got worry dolls when I was in school and I used to swear by them, until I felt uncool and got rid :|

Thumbelina
22-07-10, 06:25
Had one of those this morning - hate it, wake up shaking, confused, didnt know what to do first, so frustrating....

trish1955
22-07-10, 23:30
Hi Trish, I am another of those that dread the morning, I go to sleep thinking it will be a bad day tomorrow and it is,,,,funny thing is how we tell ourselves that and feel negative, therefore we are negative.

I have tried various ways to change this, I try and set myself a goal for the next day, ie something nice, like painting my toe nails and think yeah that will make me more pretty and happy with myself,,something simple as that and when you have mustered the energy to do that you feel good about yourself.

Another thing I have recently started doing is, I purchased some worry dolls, they are tiny tiny little figurines, that live in a box by my bed in the day and at night before I go to sleep, I tell each one my worry, then place it under my pillow. Sounds strange you may think, but there is more to this than meets your eye, but telling your worries seperately, out loud, before bed, seems to pre emt your thoughts throughout the night and I have been waking up feeling generally more positivie.
I hope my input has been of use, or failing that good reading.
Snipps xxxx

hi were do i get these worry dolls from i would try anything to get up less anxiouse what ever it takes thanks to all rep;ies xxxx