PDA

View Full Version : Last minute interview advice needed!

iwillgetbetter
18-07-10, 12:56
I found out on Friday that I've got a job interview tommorrow morning for a part time merchandising job. The thing is I'm not very good at interviews as I always seem to get those questions where they ask something like 'can you tell us about a time when you had a difficult situation and how you dealt with it?' or how did you 'make a difference to your team' I haven't had a 'proper' job for about 5 years and I can hardly remember individual incidents, and the kind of jobs I've had I have not been able to make many decisions or use my intiative. Basically I have just done what is asked of me, and when there's been a problem I have had to speak to my manager. With these kind of questions should I just make something up? And if so what? I'm not a good lier and am worried they will know I'm telling porkies!
Thanks in advance for any advice.

StandFree1903
18-07-10, 14:32
dont ever make anything up in a inverview because its easily caught.

Just tell the truth, tell them that in situations that have been above your power you have gone to your manager as really in most situations you do have to got to you managers. Mention that off the top of your head you cant remember individual stuff.

You basically just need to sell youself and doing that showing you can talk to you manager about problems etc is a good thing.

Employers want you to be honest, and if they cant take the honesty from you etc then they are not an employer you want to work for.

Hope this helps.

iwillgetbetter
19-07-10, 14:21
Thank you, the interview turned out to be very informal and more like a chat so I didn't have to answer many questions. They offered the job straight after! :yesyes:

StandFree1903
19-07-10, 18:27
Great news, well done. x

Lynnann
20-07-10, 20:45
Thats fantastic news, :yesyes:well done:yesyes:

Lynnann:flowers: