PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go!

pmrob1
18-07-10, 17:54
Hi peeps, just a quick post. I am currently in the mirtazapine room but as of sometime next week will be starting out in the venlafaxine room. I have been assessed by a junior doctor (in consultation with the head shrink) of the CMHT at my docs surgery and they believe that the mirt isnt doing its job and that by switching to Venlafaxine this is going to help more. I currently take a therapeutic dose of 45mg mirt per day mainly at bed time. What is considered a therapeutic dose of Venlafaxine?I have read the details of the side effects and by god there is a lot of them so feeling like a pig in a poke at the moment. Obviously know i still feel very anxious and down first thing in a morning but by late afternoon feeling ok. I suppose i am scared of changing the meds as i always seem to be intolerant of most medication. Well just waitng for the doc to contact my gp and then off on the ride i go. Will be looking for some company so if you have nothing on and fancy a day or two out write and post back. TTFN:doh:

pmrob1
19-07-10, 10:21
Well here i go i have the 75mg daily dose of venlafaxine and i am about to board the ride. Dont know what to expect but am coming off the mirt over a 3 week period. Am scared sh#tless but will post as often as i can to let you know how i am getting on. :doh:

pmrob1
20-07-10, 10:23
Well day one over with! Not too bad a little bit of nausea about 1hr after taking the capsule and hot sweats during the night but overall not too bad. Have reduced the mirtazapine to 37.5 mg for next 3 days then 30mg for the next 6, hopefully tapering slowly enough not to have too many withdrawal effects. Hope all you peeps out there are doing ok :flowers:

pmrob1
21-07-10, 11:03
Day two over and not too bad. Some intrusive thoughts but not as bad as usual. Quick turn around at work last night so only six hours sleep very tired today, and feeling ok but a few more intrusive thoughts. No major problems with the venlafaxine so far still reducing the mirtazapine. Hope eveyone is ok today :doh:

pmrob1
23-07-10, 10:43
Day three and four over with. Not too bad a few anxious moments and hot flushes and sweating but not too bad. start on nights tonight but not too sure when to take my meds after work or when i wake up. Still reducing the mirt down to 30mg for next four days then 22.5mg for another few days. Well hope you other peeps are doing ok post soon:ohmy:

pmrob1
24-07-10, 03:08
Morning everyone, well day 5 over with and not feeling too bad. A little tired as way past my bed time lol. A few anxious thoughts today but not as intense as previous ones and they didnt last too long. Hope everybody is doing ok :shades:

pmrob1
27-07-10, 11:01
hi peeps, well day six and seven have been really ok especially as i have been on nights. Today has started off on the wrong foot though as my partner has decided to start an argument with me about a trivial matter and because i feel quite fragile today having not slept very well it has started the day off badly. Hopefully things will improve as the day moves on. I hope you other people on venlafaxine are doing ok and the ad is helping you all. Speak soon :shrug:

Pendragon
30-07-10, 08:26
Hi,
I took my first venlafaxine this morning after being on Citalopram for several months, so I'm a few days behind you. How is it going?

pmrob1
31-07-10, 10:19
Hi Pendragon. things are going ok thanks. I have had some hot sweats and nervousness but not too bad. I have had no intrusive thoughts for a few days until this morning hopefully this is still the mirtazapine having an effect still taking day 12 of venlafaxine and on 15mg of mirtazapine. How are you doing Pendragon.?

Pendragon
31-07-10, 21:31
Well - today I have had a headache, which I think it drug-related as it's the same as when I started on the Citalopram. Otherwise, I've noticed an increase in the need to pee (had to get up 3 times in the night) but it being harder to get the flow started but not much else so far. Only day 2 though.

pmrob1
02-08-10, 23:38
Well two weeks on the venlafaxine, dont think its fully in my system just yet. A lot of the intrusive thoughts have dissipated but still feel quite low in mood especially first thing in the morning. How are other people doing on this med would like some input from people about how long they have been on it and how it helped them. Look after yourselves :huh:

pmrob1
05-08-10, 10:15
Hi all, just to let you know how i am doing. I have now cut down the mirt to 15mg a day and have been on the venlafaxine for 16 days. I am due to cut the mirt down to 7.5mg from tonight. Still feel a bit anxious and have had a couple of days of intrusive thoughts but this may still be the mirt in my system and having been on nights and being tired. Hope everyone is doing ok speak soon.

pmrob1
18-08-10, 19:15
Well its been a long time since i posted to this thread, well i have been off the mirtazapine for 1 week and am solely on 75mg venlafaxine. A lot of the intrusive thoughts have stopped and my mood has shown a slight improvment.Going to see the CMHT on 8th sept so will have been on the venlafaxine for a total of 8 weeks so will see where i am then and will talk to the pdoc about where we go next. Hope other peeps are doing ok please reply if any of this is mirrored in your life.:wacko:

pmrob1
23-11-11, 09:32
Hello everyone, well over a year since i was last on here. Firstly the venlafaxine is working for me. I am on 150mg per day and most of the depression has lifted and a lot of the anxiety has stopped, only occasionaly do i get the wierd thoughts and i ahve a lot to look forward to in my life. The only downside to this drug for me has been the weight gain. I have put on 3 st in weight and cannot shift it no matter what i do. Still i would rather be overwieght than depressed and in a high state of anxiety.
If you are prescribed this medication i would recommend perservering with it, it ahs worked for me hopefully it will work for you.
Paul