PDA

View Full Version : Digestion Problems

PrincessTia
18-07-10, 21:42
On And Off On And Off On And.. OFF.

For a couple of weeks.

Ive been feeling ill after eating and getting pains in my stomache during/after eating foods. My 'Poo Cycle' Has Completley Changed. I wake up at night or very early in the morning 'NEEDING TO GO'

my body has been feeling very perculiar. 'Empty tummy pains' to 'pains after eating food' ive been getting alot of diarrhea too.

But this is ON AND OFF. For a week at a time.

I just finished taking 'pennicillin' but had this for a throat infection 'On off' thing before taking the tablets. Also just got over a water infection. Feeling tired and weak alot. Just dont want to go out or do much!

IM VERY WORRIED :weep: What could this be?

All replies Necessary!

(post redone)

blueangel
19-07-10, 09:55
Hi there

Antibiotics are hell for upsetting your stomach! They do all sorts of dreadful things to your gut, including giving you painful gut spasms, dreadful wind and diarrhoea. Unfortunately, they tend to kill all the "friendly" bacteria in your gut as well as the ones that have been causing other infections.

try eating one of the probiotics yogurts, like Yakult or something similar, as they are supposed to help a lot.

But if you're still feeling poorly after this, go back and see your GP.

Vixxy
19-07-10, 10:21
If youre stressed it will probably be IBS making you feel so bad.
I would suggest cutting back on fatty, sugary foods and going back to just plain food for a few days and see if that helps.

vicky23
19-07-10, 11:05
hmmm this is an interesting one because what you describe is very typical for me as an ibs sufferer pain after eating but pain when not eating, HOWEVER one thing that does stand out as strange is the night thing, the diagnostic criteria for ibs states that something that indicates something other than ibs is being woken up during the night with an urgency to go. (when you say you need to go at night are you awake at the time or do you get woken up by it?)
I'd say you really have to go to your GP for your own peace of mind, more than likely it will be stress or a reaction to the meds so your Doc can give you suggestions on how to manage this
hope you find an answer soon I know how awful tummy trouble is!!

PrincessTia
19-07-10, 16:28
I wake up needing to go, do you think its serious then? x

Vixxy
19-07-10, 18:40
No, my intestines start churning the moment I wake up.

gypsywomen
19-07-10, 18:47
i think this is a problem with most people who suffer with anxiety