PDA

View Full Version : Face feels numb so frightened help

missworry
18-07-10, 23:16
Hi i keep feeling that the right side of my face is numb, i`m sure it must be anxiety because it always get so much worst at night & then the panic starts i`m so fed up of feeling so frightened i just want to feel normal, thinking of going to docs tomorrow and asking for some diazepam to see if it calms me down & can get on top of it without taking long terms meds has anyone got any advice for me or gets this numb sensation. xx

LucyR
19-07-10, 02:54
Hi, Yes my face gets numb on the left side.

Anxious_gal
19-07-10, 04:03
you mean actually numb so it feels a bit swollen? that happens my lips and thong when I'm anxious . I believe it's caused by breathing too fast, too much oxygen.
but it's good to mention it to your doctor.
hope you ok .

rikki
19-07-10, 10:15
please try not to worry not last week the week before i was soooooooo bad with this i would not come out of my bedroom my face was so numb it got enen more worse when i thought about it.when i got up in thre morning it would be fine for about an hour then it would get worse,it would also like my side of face was kind of burning or it felt like irt was wet if this makes any sense,it would go under my chin was awful.i thought i had alsorts throat cancer as was stupid enough to google it.went to the docs he said was classic anxeity which still thought yeah rite.he gave me a really low dose of diazepan,i only had a few .but they seem to have really gone down if i get a bit wobbly it starts up again.but i can assure you thats what it is please see you doc it will help i was a right state couldnt eat or anything.now im sat here thinking well it wasnt anything bad as im here now the more you relax it will in time go.if you wana chat more you can because i know exactly what your going through,,rikk.xxxxxxxxxx

missworry
19-07-10, 16:56
Thanks for your replys have been to docs & been given 2mg diazapam, now worried how they are going to effect me thinking of just taking one tonight because thats when its at its worse, would love to be someone else right now, thanks xx

blueangel
19-07-10, 21:35
Hi there

I used to get numb patches all over my face and head when I was a student (long time ago now! :)). They would come and go, and also move about from place to place. They were often combined with dizziness and a "spacey" feeling of not being there, and were nearly always worse at night.

At the time, I was convinced that I had a brain tumour or MS (my dad had MS, so I had a thing about this for years), and I couldn't get it out of my head for months. In the end I got to the stage where I was hardly sleeping at all and my doctor gave me something which completely knocked me out for about a week, as he said the problem was anxiety and lack of sleep. I have no idea what he did give me as it was years ago - it may well have been a high dose of diazepam or something similar - but boy, did it work. When I woke up after sleeping on and off for the best part of a week, I felt loads better and have never really had the numbness since.

anthrokid
20-07-10, 03:38
Miss worry,

I used to get numbness in the right side of my face too and it was continuous for a good month. I also got a pressure that seemed to be inside my head and a lot of tension, etc. This was all back when I didn't know it was panic/anxiety and I was terrified! I've never been more scared in my life! Even when it was finally decided that it was anxiety I still couldn't accept it as a solution and kept worrying about it and it kept on coming. Once I'd been taking my meds and seeing my psych for a while and started to trust that the doctors do know what is right and that it was only anxiety it started to go away. I think the big thing is that the more we focus on it, the worse it gets. As I started to ignore it, it went away and I only noticed it when I thought about it first. I didn't feel it then think about it, I thought about it and then felt it. For the first month or so I didn't make this connection because of course we are in a continuous turmoil of panic about it, but as we calm down and accept it you may realise that it is only our worry that is causing these horrible sensations!

doodah
20-07-10, 22:56
I hope you're starting to feel a little less anxious Miss Worry. I too get numbness and even though I know it's anxiety/tension it still can scare the heck out of me! It's reassuring to read everyone else's answers :)

Take care,

Wendy xxxx

missworry
21-07-10, 20:18
Thank you for your replies, its a scary buisness this anxiety i have had a better day today for last couple of nights have just had one 2mg diazapam, going to see dr on Friday, thank you so much just to read that other people have felt the same is a big help, night time is the worse and you feel so alone this website really is a god send to me xx

Thumbelina
22-07-10, 05:55
I wrote on the other thread yesterday that i felt numb first on my left hand and then my both legs below knee felt numb, I knew it was anxiety ....