PDA

View Full Version : Noisey Head :(

blurry_eyes
18-07-10, 23:20
Hi all...

I've recently stopped taking my antidepressant, I've not tapered them...just stopped. I was expecting withdrawl symptons and Ive had the usual nausea, runs, low mood, tearful, anxiety, headache...but the ones that Im struggling with is the head buzzing and ringing in my ears :(...I can't cope, I just wanna scream.
As anyone else suffered with this...any advise would be good...

Vanilla Sky
19-07-10, 11:27
There's not a lot you can do about it hun , thats what happens when you just stop taking them , the head zaps i believe you call , is just the chemicals in the brain adjusting again. Why did you stop them suddenly ? Always taper , then you don't get the awful head symptoms ,
Hope you feel better soon :)

blurry_eyes
19-07-10, 14:09
Thanks for the reply

yeah I now realise it would have been better to taper them, but I'm too far into 'not' taking them to change that now. Some days are better than others...yesterday for example I laid in bed through most of the day as it was just too bad, today so far is going ok (not great) but ok enough that I can wash the dishes take the pooch for a walk etc....hope they go soon :wacko:

cwoz82
28-07-10, 21:14
I don't know if the buzzing in the ears is more a symptom of the anxiety as I have had it a lot in recent weeks just before going onto a new medication after 7months off meds, feels like my whole head buzzes because my ears are vvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrrring...sorry it's the only way I could describe the noise but I get it too!