PDA

View Full Version : brain tumour

Alexy
18-07-10, 23:39
okay, im at this point where iv resigned myself to thinking i have a brain tumour. I might go to the doctors, but im almost sure they will just confirm it..is there any point? is ignorance better? or should i go on the basis of a more optamistic attitude....they could fix me if i go early enough?

these are my symptoms.......

* a feeling, that is similar to the feeling of going up or down suddenly in a lift, a sort of dizzyness that makes you feel as if your falling through the floor.

*i had a sore eye, which had now twitched every other blink since, for about a month now.

*i have jumpy vision sometimes, as in my whole image shifts ever so slightly in one direction, then returns, pretty fast.

*iv had a numb patch on my leg for months, doctor said it may be something to do with nerves, but when im rleating it to these other things i can only think the worst.

*yesterday when driving my left leg was shaking uncontrollably. I had to pull over. when i put it down, it was okay, just in a certain position it shook, alot.

*sometimes my arms get a feeling as if the muscles are really tired all of a sudden.

*i get odd feelings of pressure in my head, when i lie down this can be worse.

im screwed, i know it :'(

traciec39
19-07-10, 00:24
Hi Alexy

Have you had any scans, bloods or examainations???? ( or is this all self diagnosis)

You sound as if your anxious state has made your body sensitised. We become aware of every unusal sensation, ache, rumble etc. Then we self diagnose which in a vicious circle makes us have all the typical symptoms of the illness we fear we have.

Brain tumours do not usually present with your listed symptoms, however, panic and anxiety do. Make a appointment with your doctor, be honest and tell them what you fear, and im sure they will put your mind at ease.
take care
Tracie