PDA

View Full Version : sore underarm

daisycake
19-07-10, 14:55
for the past couple of weeks I've had a sore underarm, I have two moles there but they were checked a couple of weeks ago and they were fine.. I also mentioned the soreness to doc at the same time and she said she thought it was muscular, no lymph nodes or anything. It does feel a bitty thickened but the pain feels more on the skin surface, and came on after shaving. I thought it might have been a sebaceous gland as I have them there a lot but normally you can really feel them and this time I can't really feel a specific lump. I'm determined not to go running to the GP as I've only just been last week - and I'm way on holiday on Saturday but I'm getting in a panic over it... I know this pain is normal with horomones as it's like a brief stabbing pain every so often, I've just started on the pill so is it like possible that could be causing it? I do intend to go see the GP after me holidays but will the extra week make a difference, I'm a bit worried :wacko::wacko:

daisycake
19-07-10, 14:58
To be more honest I did think I'd knicked the mole when shaving but it doesn't seem like that now, it felt a bit scabbyish but that has gone :s

daisycake
20-07-10, 21:13
well I'm guessing there isn't anything to worry about then? I've spent all evening googling skin cancer :wacko:

KittyR
21-07-10, 22:48
Googling skin cancer is the worst thing to do! That's how i ended up joining here!!! It sounds like an ingrowing hair to me.....