PDA

View Full Version : Mucus in BM (sorry for the graphic post)

icysmoooth
19-07-10, 15:41
I haven't had to post on here much lately which is good since that means I haven't been worrying as much. However, the past few weeks I have developed a new concern. WARNING TMI COMING UP - I have had mucus in or attached to my stool every time I have a bowel movement. I have also had a discomfort in my left abdominal area which I associated with ovarian cysts. However, I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and after 6 months it seems the cysts have gone. Unfortunately the discomfort being there makes me think it could be something else - especially with the mucus in the bowel movements. Usually it is in the stool - a few times the mucus has also been on its own as well. I am getting worried it is something serious and am trying REALLY hard not to freak out. I have a physical coming up at the end of August and am trying to calm down until then but it is hard, has anyone had a similar experience?

mumble
19-07-10, 15:52
Sounds like it could be IBS. You can get mucus with that.

lemaladeimaginaire
19-07-10, 16:06
IBS. I always have mucus.

gypsywomen
19-07-10, 16:15
ibs:)but it might be good to tell your gp

icysmoooth
19-07-10, 16:21
Thank you all for the response, it makes me feel a lot better especially when there is such a consensus lol. I will definitely mention it to the doctor but will definitely try to keep the worry in check until then.

Rachel W
19-07-10, 23:55
When I am constipated i get small strings of mucus and sometimes just a smelly liquid at the end, but I never worried about it. Should I be? I don't think I have IBS though and thought that sometimes it could be bile that just can't absorb itself into the hard feces. Sorry now I feel TMI.