View Full Version : Pains in chin and jaw

dodo
19-07-10, 19:57
Listed as a symptom of a heart attack so now I am convinced that I have trouble with my heart to back up my palpitations, chest pains etc.

Had an ECG about two weeks ago but I keep getting these pains in my chin, below my botton front teeth and they sometimes are in my jaw at the hinge bit.

Does anyone else get chin pain which isn't heart related?

nomorepanic
19-07-10, 20:10
Are you sure you aren't clenching your teeth so making the jaw tense.

dodo
19-07-10, 20:16
I did wonder this but not as I have noticed. I checked last time I felt the pain come whether I was tensing my jaw but wasn't. SOmetimes it happens when I'm just sat doing nothing and then goes away after a minute or so.

MightyPC
20-07-10, 09:34
Have your teeth and gums checked by the dentists. Gum disease can cause this

teez
20-07-10, 12:18
i have this quite regular and although i dont notice im doing it,,it is because im clenching my jaw

fairyclairy
21-07-10, 17:19
I have this all the time - its one of my main ongoing symptoms of anxiety!

I get painful/achy jaw, teeth, gums, ears, and around my eyes and head.... its because we're so tense all the time! Sometimes without even realising because we're so used to the tense feeling!

I get it when im sat doing nothing, i get it all the time... mine is completely tension and completely normal with anxiety! x

Belfry1973
21-07-10, 22:17
Teeth grinding! I do it in my sleep when I'm anxious :ohmy: Obviously cos you're asleep you dont notice you are doing it, for a long while you cant see the effects of it, but you'll certainly feel pain in your jaw and around your teeth.