PDA

View Full Version : Drained

matthew
20-07-10, 15:45
Hello!

I have had a great spell recently (1 month or so) where I have felt great and had no anxiety or anxiety side effects.

But, then just over a week ago I started to feel really tired during the days and even felt tired and was yawning in the gym!

I have also been finding it difficult to fall asleep at night and had this weird pain / stitch like feeling in my left hand side of my chest underneath my bottom ribs and this feeling has also been felt in my left arm and hand.

What is this?

Does anyone else get it or is it just me?

Thanks for your support

Bill
21-07-10, 03:58
Just a thought but yawning breathes in air. Air can get trapped in the body causing discomfort especially when we're laying down trying to sleep. The arm and hand pain could be strains picked up at the gym but if they persist, there's no harm in getting checked out.:shrug:

Thumbelina
21-07-10, 04:10
Hi , stomach is placed more on the left side of our abdomen and when I am in anxiety stage and get upset stomack I also get these pains. I relate them to the general anxiety. I read that while in prolonged anxiety our brain and body can give sensations of anything.

I have another example - I have a friend that developed very bad clinical depression because her dad died on her hands of heart attack. So on top of depression she was constantly living through that attack and while having panick attack she thought she was experiencing the same sensations as her dad then, she was telling me she unintentially was doing everything she saw while that happened herself convincing herself that she is about to die the same way.

She is fine now, she is in more control.

Bill
21-07-10, 04:32
Just an additional thought but when we're under stress we tend to swallow alot which means that just like yawning, we're taking in air.

The other thing of course is that when we're anxious, acids get into the stomach causing indigestion pains, making us feel sick or causing loo visits! so we can also lose our appetite. Something I don't the answer to though is why fear should create excess acid. What purpose does this serve? To make us sick etc to make us as light as possible so we can run faster perhaps?:shrug: