PDA

View Full Version : A trip to the hospital

peel
21-07-10, 00:29
Hi everyone

Just back from the emergency room :(
Really thought my number was up today. I was drinking heavily last night and woke with a hangover and the usual anxious feelings I get when i've overdone it. But this time there was a new hot flush feeling that freaked me out.
It was like my insides where actually burning! Got in my head that I was going to have a stroke so phoned up the ambulance
Got to the hospital with a 10 out of 10 anxiety level. I was sure that I was going to die!
But got my heart, blood pressure, oxygen levels etc all checked and the doc said its anxiety and there was no need for me to stay in

Anyone else got so bad they've been to the hospital?

Anxious_gal
21-07-10, 01:20
hmm I get that heat wave feeling too, it starts with my nose, like I'm inhaling fire and the heat travels down my chest and into my belly and then my face flushes.

I have been with heart palpitations which the doctor said was caused by anxiety.
they kept me in over night because the heart palpitations were real lol.

glad to hear your ok, don't worry a good few of us here have been to hospital just to be told it was only anxiety!

Thumbelina
21-07-10, 04:29
Hi I hav been to ER because if panic attacks in 4 different countries. I can't remeber how manytimes total. And e ery time because if the vicious circle I would putmyself in. I don't drink atall. Though I would think alcohol should make it worse. The first very bad attack that sent me to the emergency was when on top of total confusion over bodily sensations they all matched heart attack and stroke. Especially burning sensations over
my upper body. If you read ab anxiety sieffects burning

e_ramon
21-07-10, 10:46
Hey, your story sounds very familiar to me. I ended up in A&E a while ago experiencing irregular heartbeats, ectopics etc, and in the waiting room I literally convinced myself I was about to die- I felt so ill with fear. Felt a bit silly an hour or two later when the panic had subsided and I felt absolutely fine again! ECG reading was completely fine too. Oddly after that I stopped drinking herbal tea- which was supposed to calm my nerves- and I haven't had the same experience since. But I've definitely had similar panic episodes after drinking alcohol, especially when I wake up the next morning and feel really out of it.

The burning hot flushes are so unpleasant but totally normal, I often get those in my head and face when I'm panicky. The problem I have is due to the symptoms being so unpleasant, I'm never sure I'm having a panic attack until AFTER I've been through it and my body feels normal again... so whenever I feel a bit tense or on edge, I always remind myself I've felt many times worse before and still got through it fine. You might find that helps you :)

Hope you're feeling better.

-Ed