PDA

View Full Version : To Juliet ........

lilac kitten
25-02-04, 11:17
Thanks for your support, infact thanks to everyones support here on this site.

I know exactly where you're coming from. I went to a course in Reading once and was sooooo nervous that I made out I was pregnant just in case I felt sick or was aware of behaving nervously or oddly. The guy was really nice as said to take as many 'comfort' breaks as I needed, but that doesn't happen all the time as we well know. When I actually was pregnant I cancelled a course three times before I eventually had the courage to turn up, but then I did have genuine morning sickness!

So you see we are not alone in all this. I don't really know what to suggest, but I usually sit by doors and windows. Bottle of water great idea. Also try some pelvic floor exercises, I know it sounds bizarr (sp?) but it may take your mind off things a little.

Let us know how you get on the rest of the course and what you did to get you through it.

Take care,
Ruth

Juliet
25-02-04, 17:10
Thanks for the message Ruth.Im feeling a bit more positive about things now,and have tried to adopt a "sod it" attitude.Im back there next Tuesday and I will bear all your tips in mind.I think that sitting so passively is my main problem as I seem to be ok when I do anything practical.Im just going to breathe sip water and try my best not to think about panicking.After all I have been ok before.Just a blip I guess? Just so bloody unpredictable.

How are you doing?
Hair ok?
Ill let you know what happens.Take care.T x

lilac kitten
26-02-04, 23:22
Hiya,

In fact I'm so proud of myself today I've posed under success stories. I don't really know what was so different about today, but maybe because I was off work, away from the kids and had some time to myself for the first time in a long time that helped me think a bit more clearly - I don't know, but I feel good and relaxed.

Hair looks cool, but my hairdresser is going to be going on maternity leave soon so I'll be a bit hairy until she gets back. I like going to Camberley to get it done because it makes me go somewhere I wouldn't normally go. I don't want to get stuck in a rut of just going to Basingstoke and back all the time or it'll become a comfort zone.

Glad to see you are feeling a bit more positive thats really great. I think you do need a 'sod it' attitude sometimes. I agree sitting passively doesn't exactly use up all that nervous energy and keep your mind off other things. I know this sounds silly bit try fiddling with a pen or something, I usually find if my hands are fiddling it takes my mind off things a bit - I guess thats a nervous thing, but it sort of works.

I'll keep an eye open in success stories for your next post as I know you'll be fine.

Good luck
Ruth
x

diana
27-02-04, 22:18
Hiya Ruth,

Good for you!! A time out for just yourself. That really does help with sorting things out does`nt it?

I am glad your hair came out nice. That also makes us feel a little better about ourselves too. I know it does for me if I get a good "DO" LOL..... :).

I will look under success stories to look at your post. Glad to hear you were feeling positive enough today to post under success stories. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :-D.

Juliet...............
I agree a "SOD IT" attitude sometimes is needed for certain situations LOL........... :).

You will do just fine. Just a "BLIP" like you said we all get them.

No worries.................

Take care all,

Diana xxxx