PDA

View Full Version : reassurance please - another stupid lump

Mogwog
21-07-10, 11:19
Hi

I was on here a while back with a breast lump that turned out to be fine - thank god,

Anyway this is about a lump on my arm. I went to bed last Thurs night and my arm was hurting (between elbow and shoulder) and when I ran my had over it it felt swollen. Anyway went to sleep and woke on Fri morning and this patch on my arm was more swollen, red and hot too touch, went to docs and she said I had a slightly raised temp too so gave me antibiotics but said she dint know what had caused it.

I am on my last day of antibiotics today and the swelling and redness have gone but I have a lump in the area that is slightly tender to touch and the rest of my arm when I straighten it feels like someone is giving me a chinese burn. I went back to docs and saw a different one and she felt it and said she is going to refer me for an ultrasound to see what lump is.

I am now so scared I have convinced myself I have cancer in my arm. :weep:

Anyone had anything silmilar? Please

Thank you

Laura

Mogwog
21-07-10, 11:20
Also I have no mark on the surface of skin to suggest an insect bite of any kind.

Mogwog
22-07-10, 16:42
Anyone please?x

randomworry
22-07-10, 21:07
most likely a cyst and nothing serious at all

cattttt
23-07-10, 08:26
I've never heard of any cancers that are in the soft part of your arm.

blueangel
23-07-10, 09:18
I think theoretically it's possible to have what would be called a "soft tissue tumour", but as far as I know, they're INCREDIBLY rare, so I would have thought the chances of this being one of those is virtually zero, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's far more likely to be a cyst, as I know these can get infected and cause problems.