PDA

View Full Version : NO MORE

chrisl
21-07-10, 12:02
Stopping this medication as of today 20mgs cit , been taking for 9 days just gone down and down NO MORE. Seeing mental health nurse at 3.30 to day ,will go for counseling but will not take these ever again .If it had not been for the diazipam i dont know what would have happened. I was supposed to have been back at work this week :ohmy: imposable on this medication even my son has said stop taking them . I know i need some help but not this kind , will see what the nurse has to say this after noon but no more cit.

keta
21-07-10, 12:10
Hi chris

Obviously it's up to you if you want to stop, but bare in mind the first week or two are the worst on this drug and it hasn't got th full effect until month or two.
Plus stopping from 20mg will give you some nasty withdrawl symptoms.

Good luck with the nurse tho.

Thumbelina
21-07-10, 12:29
I also think that you have to give it a go, especially if the doctor thinks you need it, you have to trust your doctor, unless your sideeffects are life threatening.

You have to try and tolerate the sideeffects for a month or so, you can do it!!!

jaded jean
21-07-10, 14:52
Chrisl
You were virtually over the worst -its usually 2 weeks for the crappy side effects and the elevated anxiety etc. You are so close hun. I was off work for 8 months I am back and doing well. just increased my cit from 20 to 30 mgs today. had a bit of a wobble to start the day but thats acceptable. give it a chance .
Jeanx

moomin1
21-07-10, 16:29
I remember the first three or four weeks of being on 20mg Cit for anxiety and depression, and they were horrible/almost unbearable. I didn't take the diazepam as didn't like the risks associated with it.

But all I can say is, I am SOOO glad that I stuck with it. I am myself again now (apart from the odd tiny blip).

I hope that whatever you decide to do you feel better soon.

:)

chrisl
21-07-10, 17:52
Thanks to all of you that have replied , Just got back from seeing the nurse ,very understanding person , :) Karen thats the nurse told me like all you kind people on here it takes time for the meds to work. But if i feel that strongly about them we will try a different way. So karen has made a plan of action that i must stick to so i will be ready for the counseling. But i must see her every week to make sure its going ok . I really do understand what you are all saying about giving them time to work but i have been down this road before , and i feel its safer for me to stop taking them . I am still getting support and eventually counseling so will try it this way

Megan73
21-07-10, 21:46
The side effects I had second time around with cit. were nearly unbearable so good on you for sticking to your plan.

I hope you can manage and good luck :D

rachelb
22-07-10, 14:26
I too found the side effects awful the first time I took them, so with my GP we decided to start again taking just 5mg with going up by 5mg at a time when I felt that the side effects were copeable with. Currently at 20mg and it is worth it (still have bad days but far better than not taking anything).