PDA

View Full Version : blood test results. have to see doctor today

leeann
21-07-10, 15:25
Ive been really suffering lately with what I though was IBS, so the doctor gave me some bloods to check for bowels disease! had midwife yesterday and she said you have to see the doctor about your blood result she said its saying plasma c :/ but didnt no what it was! Im really worrying i normal suffer with high blood pressure she did it yesterday and it was 127/60 which is so low for me she also said I have a urine infection and low iron! my mind has gone into over drive i think i have cancer or something really bad :weep::weep: doctors at 4.20 xx wish me luck xx

j2
21-07-10, 15:28
Good luck and we will be thinking of you. Please let us know what you find out.

Thumbelina
21-07-10, 15:30
Good luck with your appointment, most likely nothing serious, just stress related.

MightyPC
21-07-10, 15:33
Did she say C Reactive Protein (CRP) which is an inflammation marker and is raised when you have inflammation or infection somewhere in the body.

northernjay
21-07-10, 15:35
Good luck and sure you'll be fine.

Thing to remember is stress causes all manner of pressure on your body. I'm sure if you're doctor is aware of your anxiety that they will factor in that the tests may not be what they'd be under normal circumstances.

For example last year I had to have a hernai op. I had to got for a pre health check prior and my blood pressure was high, something I've never suffered from previously. Then even on the day of my op it was still high but they operated anyhow as the doctor assured me it was most certainly my high anxiety at fear of hopsitals that was responsible for the elevation.

leeann
21-07-10, 15:45
Did she say C Reactive Protein (CRP) which is an inflammation marker and is raised when you have inflammation or infection somewhere in the body.

when she went out of the room i took a look at the screen and it said reactive protein is this a bad thing!

Thanks every one xx

MightyPC
21-07-10, 16:38
No, you say that you have a urine infection and this is probably why it`s raised. they will probably want to re-check it in a week or two

leeann
22-07-10, 07:14
No, you say that you have a urine infection and this is probably why it`s raised. they will probably want to re-check it in a week or two

Hiya you where right it came back high for an infection or inflammation he said because im slightly anaemic as well that's why he was worried! I said the day I had my blood test done I had a cold and they've sent of my urine test for the hosptail! he wants to redo the test in a month time when I feel better and if it comes back again then there might be something going on! I said what will you do if it does come back! he said not a lot because your pregnant :weep: I did say what if its cancer and your leaving it so long he replied th levels would be so much higher and my iron levels would be really really low! and of course bleeding and stuff! im so stressed right now thinking the worse!

Thanks every one xx