PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer???

Lisa M
21-07-10, 16:49
Please help!!! Im terrified I have sufffered health anxiety for the last few years. I have been to the doctor countless times. However I am really worrried this time; I used to have a sunbed (before I knew how dangerous they were) I stopped using it about 6 years ago. I didnt actually use it on my face very often, more my body, but I noticed I have had a very small pink spot at the side of my nose for a few weeks. I dont think it has got any bigger and it is not bleeding or anything,but it is still there and I looked on the internet and am now convinced it is a type of skin cancer. It is very small, but I am scared. i cant get to see the doctor till friday and I will be worried sick till then :( What can I do????

Carly Lou
21-07-10, 17:17
I used to use a sunbed, many years ago, and i do get a tan as i work outside, now i had pink spot as i like to call it, more like a pink blemish on my nose, that has been there ever since,
is it similar to that ? x

Lisa M
21-07-10, 17:28
Hi xx Maybe, it is flesh/pinky colour and it is small; not even 2mm maybe, but Ive got myself in a right panic over it. Its been there maybe a couple of months. I hate going to the doctors now a Im sure they think "not her again" Ive been for so much stuff over the last few years. I have a few months when Im fine, then i panic again; But I dont think Im being stupid; I did have a sunbed; Like I said, I didnt use it on my face as much as my body, but I still used it. Dunno how Im gonna get to Friday afteroon :( xxx

KittyR
21-07-10, 22:42
Hi Lisa,
You would not believe the amount of panics i have about skin cancer, i too used a sunbed a lot, and spent time in Oz not using sun protection so know where your feelings come from. However, i went to the Mole Clinic in London who really helped me. They literally look at every single blemish on your skin and sit down and talk to you about your skin and what to look for. ALL skin changes over time, these could just be a change in your skin that have been for a lot longer but only recently you have seen them in a recent light. Secondly, the best way to be alert to skin cancer is to monitor changes, not every day, but every month. Keep an eye on them, and measure them if poss.
I honestly know how you feel, i suffer this exact worry constantly, i only feel i can give you this advice as im on a good day. Hope it helps:)

ellie_C_mason1990
22-07-10, 21:00
If the pink spot has anything to do with cancer anyway it would be Basal cell (never spreads)or Squamous cell cancer which very very very rarely spread. They just chop it out of you. The one to be worried about is Melanoma which appears in or as moles not as pink spots! Hope that helps ease your worrying