PDA

View Full Version : Have asked doc for CBT

tattybear
20-02-06, 19:04
Hiya,

Although I have come a long way, i feel that I need extra help to get past ceratin anxeties etc to get back to leading a fuller life.

I had to see my doc today for a new presc, but he wanst in, so saw a diff doctor, and i asked about the CBT. He explained it would be like exposure therapy etc in some cases etc, and have gone through my history for the past year or so and is now reffering me back to the Mental health team in order for them to assess me and hopfully get a referal.

I think its somthing i need to do. I have health anxiety which i keep to myself which dosnt help. Also with the going out etc and into places. Just latly i have felt worse travelling to when in traffic jams etc as i feel trapped and makes me panick [Ugh]

Hopefully I will hear from the CMHT soon.

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
20-02-06, 19:25
Tatty

Good for you - yes it will really help!

Read my latest post here ....

CBT therapy for driving problems - my diary (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7162)

Nicola

Karen
20-02-06, 19:42
Hi Tatty B

That is a positive move in getting some help for yourself.

I hope it is not too long before you hear from the CMHT.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

sal
20-02-06, 23:15
Hi Mate

It will help you loads it did me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

tattybear
21-02-06, 16:10
Thanks Nic, Karen & Sal,

Nic - I will catch up on your driving CBT post this evening - mustve missed that before somehow!

Does anyone have any idea how long the initial CMHT appointment should take to come through? I knew it varies in places, I saw them to start with in december 2004, but that was an urgent referal from my doc, so was seen withing a few days - im guessing this time I wil probably have to wait a bit longer!!

Im the meantime Im keeping a log of my thoughts daily and what my fears are / situations which i find hard etc.

Tatty B xx

Alexandra
22-02-06, 14:27
Hi, Im also going through this & finding it a real help. I can at least now get to the park & back without any probs. Im slowly building up on a few other things

Alexandra