PDA

View Full Version : Self Hypnotherapy

Dragonsblonde
21-07-10, 17:51
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good self hynotherapy/relaxtion download or cd etc for anxiety?

So many out there!!

Jo

Mamfa85
21-07-10, 19:45
hi i have paul mckenna i cant calm down enough to use it but many have said its good and is there any in the no more panic shop x

Megan73
21-07-10, 21:37
I personally like the Glenn Harrold and Stuart MacCormack ones, all available on itunes :)

For relaxation, if you prefer a ladies voice Lilian Nejab (American) is nice.

If you don't want to spend any money use "itunes u" and search there, there are a few and not too bad.

Dragonsblonde
22-07-10, 07:43
Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses, will check those out a bit later on. Not too worried about paying for something, just trying to narrow the options a bit a guess and see what works for people before buying dozens lol

Jo xx

Dahlia
31-07-10, 12:30
If you have agoraphobia, the Paul McKenna CD for agoraphobia is pretty good.

Dahlia

miss_moose
31-07-10, 13:50
hi i have paul mckenna i cant calm down enough to use it but many have said its good and is there any in the no more panic shop x

I was going to write the exact same thing!:D
There's a disclaimer that says you can't listen to it if you are depressed.

They are meant to be really great though.

caz1625
31-07-10, 14:27
I use Barry Scott's. I used his Fear of the Dentist one and found is so helpful I downloaded his relaxation one to and use that everyday.

Carol x

abbey10
31-07-10, 14:49
Hi

When I'm feeling really anxious & having racing thoughts I go onto You Tube and watch 'Free Massage Video' or any other massage instructions by Lita - her voice is very relaxing.

Other calming videos I like to watch are 'Free Sleep Session Sound Sleep Now' and any other facial or massage videos that are relaxing to watch & listen to including 'How To Give Facials' by Expert Village & 'Relaxing Female Voice Session.'

I couldn't believe how many people watch these videos for the same reason - hope they can relax you.

Memory
02-08-10, 19:02
I decided to try one of these CD's as I felt I was running out of treatment options (even though I'm usually one of those people who think they're a load of nonsense, and which therefore means they're less likely to work too).

I bought the Glenn Harrold 'Overcome Fears & Phobias'. I must say it is very relaxing, and I get the feeling it's helping but I wouldn't say it's been a blanket miracle cure as my anxiety hasn't been brilliant this week. However I'm hoping it will help me with specific triggers (my general social anxiety is getting better especially since starting propranolol) but situations like interviews still fear me with the worst kind of fear. He really helps you to build up the situations you dread most, and imagine them in a positive light, which I hope over time will reduce the panic.

His voice made me laugh at first though, it was hard to take seriously. He has a pretty northern accent and the whole thing felt like more of a spoof from a sketch show. I'd definitely recommend it, and if you decide to buy one it's actually a few quid cheaper on Amazon than his own site :D

GlasgowGuy
04-08-10, 14:42
Last year I was referred to a Steps course by my GP here in Glasgow. Got a free cd on Stress Relief from the guy on the course called Dr. Jim White. Perhaps not exactly Self Hypnotherapy but sometimes it has worked wonders for me.

sterlinprince
13-08-10, 10:05
Whenever I feel stressed or depressed I always prefer Mindfit Hypnosis CD by Andrew Dobson. This CD makes me free from the stress and so I get energy for doing extra work. My younger sister and my dear mother use it while they are depressed because of some reasons. Really it works for us.

HarrogateChris
21-12-10, 19:10
I have loads! Stuart McCormack and Michael Emery ones worked, but I soon got to know them too well and my mind stopped paying attention and carried on listening to my intrusive thoughts.

Far more effective for me have been guided mindfulness meditations. You can download some for free to try from Christoper Germer's website (http://www.mindfulselfcompassion.org/meditations_downloads.php).

Chris