PDA

View Full Version : Pressure headaches,tingling,acheing limbs

sezios
21-07-10, 22:49
Reassurance needed please. For the last week had a really intense pressure headache, sometimes feeling sick and dizzy too. Left arm and leg feel 'weak' and achey and I have tingling patches on legs arms and scalp. Also 2 days ago started getting a pain below my ribcage (in lower ribcage?), central but sometimes radiating to my back.
Now a sensible person would rationalise these symptoms but of course I always fear the worst and think I must be seriously ill and this also makes my palps worse. Went to see GP this morning, who is convinced my symptoms are anxiety related. He has referred me to a counsellor, which I am willing to try (as this may also help me deal with the palps which are ruining my life). I have also been prescribed a beta blocker for the palps. I have to be careful with this as I am asthmatic and have put off having the medication but now feel I need the reassurance of being 'treated'.
I suppose what I'm asking is: can anyone relate to any of these symptoms? can rib/chest pain ever be just related to stress? am I right to worry? or should I try and accept that this is stress?

Thumbelina
22-07-10, 09:36
Yes, I can relate all your symptoms, I had all of them and many more others. They also come along so real and vivid that you are 100% convinced it is what you think it is...
Heartattack, stroke, cancer, anything....
One of the doctors that i saw before told me that you have to write on the paper these words - like "heart attack" and anyother things that bother you so much - "pain under ribs" and keep them in the pocket. And then when you show them to yourself you will realise that nothing happens when you read it or even feel it - its a bluff.

The doctor told you already that you are fine.

Neuro-sis
23-07-10, 08:02
Me too, ive had all those symptoms, stress affects your whole body, starts in your mind then sends waves of panic chemicals right through your body. People can guess up some pretty awful things when their body is going in and out of shock all the time.:unsure:It all starts with the mind.

Love Neuro-sis x

sezios
25-07-10, 17:59
update: went to se gp again Sat am. He did balance tests, pupils, urine etc all ok and tried to reassure me nothing serious was going on in my brain. My temp was raised so he gave me antibiotics (possible sinus infection) and 30/500 cocodamol. After first dose of both I felt alot worse, v.dizzy and sick. This wore off after 3 plus hours but came back again when i took a second dose of the cocodamol. Called GP who said it could be the painkillers making me sick and to reudce the dose. I havent taken them since! still feeling queasy today but not been sick yet. Yet another thing to add to my anxiety :weep: