PDA

View Full Version : Duloxetine and suicidal thoughts advice wanted please.

VINNY08
22-07-10, 00:04
Hi,everyone a newbie here i am asking for advice for my wife she is on this medication she was on 90mg,but she has told me that she keeps feeling very agravated and anxious and has had suicidal thoughts. i am very worried about this.we went to the doctors tonight, and he gave her diazapam 20mg he said this will help calm her bad thoughts.

my wife herself dropped her dossage to 60mg a few days ago and i have asked her to start taking only 30mg from tomorrow and i will help her all i can,is this the best way for her to stop this awful medication,or should she just stop completly,i love my wife and do not want anything to happen to her,because of this anti depressant,many thanks for advice everyone.:)

bomberbeamish
22-07-10, 08:13
Hi there. Its lovley u are helpng her. How long as she been on them as they can take up to six weeks to kick in. And im affarid its one of the side effects. Stupid i know but many meds like that. I was put on tthese but lasted aday i read to many bad things about. I would advice to go to doc and sort it out there. Best of luck

Thumbelina
22-07-10, 08:19
With these medications its often gets worse before it gets any better.
If you with her while these sideeffects last - she should be able to go through this phase. You must be a lovely husband.