PDA

View Full Version : Group task - We can help eachother.

MidnightCalm
22-07-10, 03:26
I'm thinking we should start some kind of thing to do for the day mission/task or whatever.
It should start as something simple like "enjoy a hobby for 20 minutes" to something greater like "hold a conversation with a stranger for 5 mintues", it's probably better if we start little and work up to big, we could all post how we got on and what we found bad, good and interesting, just hearing about other peoples reactions to situations, what emotions they felt, how this might have helped or made things worse could really help me (and probably others) understand where I'm going wrong and could also help you :)
I don't know if I'm making a lot of sense but I'd like to know your ideas anyway, something we could all achieve and could bring is all a bit closer together. 23.07.10 - Get yourself feeling nice, do your hair, make-up, wear something you really like, some of you could even go the whole hog and make a friday night of it, ENJOY, let us know how you get on.

vicky23
22-07-10, 10:55
oohh I think this is a really good idea
what's the first challenge?

shaka
22-07-10, 11:35
great idea

miss_moose
22-07-10, 14:51
I'll give a go too, I really like this idea xxx

supersezza
22-07-10, 15:58
Yes i like this idea too!

i guess people maybe have to set their own challenges for themselves?!

although we could try and do a group one but everyone might be at different stages xx

MidnightCalm
22-07-10, 19:45
Guess we should start tomorrow, trying to think of things that would suit everyone, any ideas? Would be great if more people got involved ")

cherbear32
22-07-10, 19:54
excellent idea - i'll try and think of a task too!

jothenurse
22-07-10, 23:50
I'll participate.

supersezza
23-07-10, 00:29
how about something like gettin dressed up really nice for the day? hair, make up, clothes etc?! could even do photos?! x

daybyday
23-07-10, 01:14
I will try too.
Little attempts could give us a feel of moving one step ahead. And be cheer leaders for one another.

Vixxy
23-07-10, 09:58
Im in! I like the idea of getting dressed up and pampering myself :)

MidnightCalm
23-07-10, 11:42
Yeah, getting ourselves looking nice is a good one, it's been a while since I put the effort in. That should be today's . 23.07.10 - Get yourself feeling nice, do your hair, make-up, wear something you really like, some of you could even go the whole hog and make a friday night of it, ENJOY, let us know how you get on.

cherbear32
23-07-10, 12:01
i'm going to start getting dressed up and making myself feel good for the dayx

supersezza
23-07-10, 19:44
well i have washed my hair with the old charles worthington set..nice!

also put on a full face of make up!

MidnightCalm
24-07-10, 17:29
Hope you all had fun yesterday! Igot myself looking reasonable and went out with a friend for an hour but had a few too many glasses of wine so today i'm feeling too exhausted to even move. Never felt tiredness like this before, I feel TOO relaxed (makes a change) but it's scary to not have adrenaline surging through my veins giving me that get up and go kick.

MidnightCalm
24-07-10, 17:33
I think tomorrows task should be 15-30 minutes of gentle exercise, i'd love to know what you did, how many and for how long, sort of like gym buddies without the need to be in an uncomfortable situation. Who walks? howfarrr? x

nixi
24-07-10, 19:43
I will do half an hour of my pole dancing, been so low for last 2 months I couldnt face it so that is my mission.
Good luck to everyone!!
xx

annette1
24-07-10, 19:45
I've done 2hrs walking round the shops, does that count?!

daydreamer
24-07-10, 20:56
I did a 25 min walk, in the rain - get me! LOL x

MidnightCalm
24-07-10, 21:02
I've been out for 3 walks, aching now cos i pushed myself hard yday. ohh and i danced for about 30 mins earlier, crazy mentallist dancing aha.

Caz 47
24-07-10, 23:08
ive worked in my garden all day .... now im shattered ......

jothenurse
24-07-10, 23:51
I went and checked out my boathouse. Then went down to the river - there were two replicas that have come on the river for touring - The Pinta and the Nina. Pretty neat.

cwoz82
25-07-10, 08:48
This is great, I went to a festival yesterday, The Big Cheese in Caerphilly, got the at 11 and walked pretty much all day until 5.30. Although we caught the free bus from outside our house which was full, had no windows to open and had to sit by a stranger I still managed to get myself on the bus to come home and was rewarded with an empty bus, the seat behind the drivers open window and the sun roofs open! I promised myself I'd have fun, forget to be anxious and enjoy family and friends who joined us and I really really did!
All in the name of exercise and casual therapy!

Vixxy
25-07-10, 12:59
I pampered myself on Friday. Had a shower and took my time rather than rushing. Then I did my hair and makeup.
I didnt see the exercise part until today, so Ill just say that yesterday I baked millionaires shortbread and watered my plants.
:)

MidnightCalm
26-07-10, 00:10
:) seems like everybody had fun... Anybody wanna choose something for tomorrow?

ximike
26-07-10, 08:24
I got themselves looking and just went with a friend, an hour, but had a few too many glasses of wine today, so I do not feel too tired even to move. Never felt so tired before

Vixxy
26-07-10, 09:59
How about we all go outside and find something beautiful. It could be a sunset, flower, animal. Just something that makes us smile, rather than just seeing the world as a big old scary place.

MidnightCalm
26-07-10, 11:39
That's a good idea, go outside and find something beautiful, some of you could even include a picture of what you found, I think I might, I'm quite lucky to live a minutes walk from a stretch of pretty fields.

cherbear32
29-07-10, 10:59
doea anyone have any other ideas about tasks we can do? I really enjoyed this thread! Can't think of anything myself though right now!!

daydreamer
29-07-10, 12:33
I think today maybe we could do something nice for someone else? a favour or just something to cheer someone else up. Sometimes Anxiety can make rely a lot on others, so Im thinking this is a way of paying them back for their kindness? what does everyone think to that? x

daydreamer
29-07-10, 19:13
Ok, so I gave someone a lift today. Sounds really basic and mundane but Ive not been able to drive for a long time! It was something that challenged me and I also felt good doing something for someone else for a change!

Bring on tomorrow's task, Im enjoying this thread! x

cherbear32
29-07-10, 19:34
how about cooking a delicious meal for those we love tomorrow? If the sight of food doesn't make you want to hurl of course! I know a week or so ago the mere smell of food made me want to throw up!! The bbc good food website usually has a daily receipe in case you need some ideas

caz1625
29-07-10, 20:14
Sounds good to me ................I'm going to do roast chicken with all the trimmings :yesyes:

Carol

cherbear32
29-07-10, 20:19
Sounds yummy Carol - I'm going to do chicken thighs stuffed with garlic soft cheese with roasted tomotoes, new potatoes with apple pie and cream for desert!

shinderuko
29-07-10, 20:27
I'm making Stuffed Peppers for my grandparents tomorrow. They pick up the pieces from my anxiety so they deserve me doing something for them :D
Although, cherbear32, dinner at yours sounds delicious. Room for one more? :winks:

cherbear32
29-07-10, 20:33
Stuffed peppers sounds yummy Shinderuko - can i come to yours instead?lol

shinderuko
29-07-10, 20:35
Not sure how that would work. Erm yours first then mine?? Lol.
Enjoy your meals tomorrow everyone :)

MidnightCalm
30-07-10, 00:07
OOhh great idea, I can't really cook but I think I'm going to do a bbq x have fun all x

Vixxy
30-07-10, 09:33
Im in! My parents are coming back from a holiday today, so Ill go out and buy some food to make them a yummy meal. Im sure theyll be happy!