PDA

View Full Version : Increased Heart Palps/Flutters?

panicsucks
22-07-10, 09:55
Hey all

it's been getting to me for a while now but ever since iv considered my heart palputations to be a problem they are getting more frequent and there acting differantly there more longer lasting and more intense now.

its getting me really worried im so scared something is wrong?

how many do you guys have? what does it feel like? why have mine increased so much recently?!

im really worried:unsure:

dodo
22-07-10, 11:49
Have you been to your Dr at all about your palpitations in the past?

You will notice that they become more frequent the more you think about them because your mind in tuning in on every little chance in your heart. I know because I've been there. The minute you forget about them when you're feeling a little less anxious, the less you notice them.

If I'm feeling less anxious and well then I don't have any. If I am feeling stressed or anxious or premenstrual, I will notice more and will have a couple a day or even more than that.

leeann
22-07-10, 11:52
They have increased because your worrying about them! So many people on this forum get ectopic beats and flutters and racing heart which is all apart of our anxiety!

I get so many different beats. ive recently had a 24 hour ECG which picked up on 4 irregular beats which is called 'ectopic beats', EVERY one gets them but because we are anxious we pick up on them more :) they are harmless but not very nice x

dodo
22-07-10, 12:37
I agree. They for me feel horrid. Sometimes it feels like I am swollowing my heart IYKWIM and can make me feel lightheaded. Then if I take notice of it and worry about it I get more. If I just dismiss it the feeling goes away and I don't get any more.

leeann
22-07-10, 13:14
Some times I can deal with them and other days im a complete wreck. I suppose it depend what out moods are like on the day x :)