PDA

View Full Version : seroquel xr

bomberbeamish
22-07-10, 18:40
Hi i need to take 150 xr a day. But only have them in 50 xr at mo. Can i take two at a time fr my hundred at nite and fifty in morn.

capenwray
11-09-10, 18:03
Hi all, I don't know if this is the right forum or thread, but I need some good advice as I can't take much more.

I have been diagnosed as bi-polar, General Anxiety Disorder and also alcoholism. I also have an addictive personality. I have been like this since 1992 - 18 years of hell. I was recently prescribed Seroquel 100 mg per day. The medication used to treat my anxiety/panic attacks is Clomethiazole ( 6 x 192mg per day). The latter was previously known as Hemineverin and is rarely prescribed, yet I became addicted back in 92 (I was on 14 x 192 mh per day from time to time) and I have had them ever since. They work extremely well, until i run out. I then use alcohol - I thinnk this is known as self-medicating.

For years, the anxiety caused me to decome depressed - if I don't have my medication I can't go out! Without it I sweat profusely, become dis-orientated, hyperventialte and have racing thoughts.

So....... I would like anybody to

1. Explain how Seroquel works.
2. Is it similar to ante depressants (as in it takes x amount of weeks to get into your system)
3. If anybody has some good advice I would be pleased to hear it, as I am sick to death of being on pills just to go outside.

Many thanks
Martin

bomberbeamish
11-09-10, 19:27
ive messaged you,, i should of read this first, ive ansewered most ,, but seroquel does not need to build up in you system its works as you take it, some even just take it when needed,, its well worth a try,, you will read so much necativity on it,, but face it people come on here when they are feeling bad and blame the med at first then read one bad feed back and agree with it, and so on , bla bla bla, read wot some one feeling then think they got it,, im a victom to that, lol. any way hope you get my message.

capenwray
11-09-10, 19:36
Thanks for messaging. I agree with the negativity issues - I have read a lot of posts today :)