PDA

View Full Version : New to the community

Diamond of Neptune
23-07-10, 02:10
Hi, my name is Jess. I'm a 23 year old girl, and i live in the United States.

I've suffered from panic attacks, depression, and anxiety disorder since i can remember. One of my first memories of it was in the 4th grade, i was invited to a sleepover at a friend's house. I was awake all night, and in the morning i asked my friend, "do you ever think about when you're going to die?" This scared my poor friend away, and i was never invited to her house again.

Sometimes i worry that i'm alone in my fears and my worries. I find myself being afraid of just about everything from my heart stopping, to the sound of someone's bass playing in their car as they're passing by. I've become a pro at dealing with near constant panic attacks. I am able to appear happy and calm, while on the inside i am screaming.

One of the fears that frightens me the most is fear of the sky. It comes and goes as it pleases, and i am happy when i can enjoy a nice day sitting outside with my friends and family. Other days, the sight of the sky disorients and frightens me...why? I'm not sure. It just gives me this overwhelming feeling of falling and losing control. If anyone can offer some advice and clue me in on what this phobia is called, i would greatly appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and sharing experiences on this site. Thank you for reading this!

diane07
23-07-10, 02:14
Hi Diamond of Neptune

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pollyanna
23-07-10, 07:30
Hi Diamond, and :welcome:

hope you find it useful in your recovery.

tc

P x

Sax
23-07-10, 08:08
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/welcome1.gif

Baggs
23-07-10, 08:16
Welcome to NMP. I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Jaguar
23-07-10, 08:42
:welcome:

skyhigh
18-09-10, 04:00
Diamonds, i sent you an email, i have exactly the same sensation re the sky that you have.. curious if we can can brainstorm or something to find what we have in common regarding this.

cheers

LiquidSky
18-09-10, 09:19
hi diamond, welcome to the forum :)

Rous
18-09-10, 09:48
Welcome Jess. :welcome:

Yer not alone here, we all help & support each other, even if it's just a comforting hug we need. :winks:

Welcome to the family. :bighug1:

paula lynne
18-09-10, 10:11
Hiya Jess..welcome!x:welcome: