PDA

View Full Version : Tips for getting out of the cycle

dodo
23-07-10, 14:17
I don't know if anyone has done one of these posts before but I wondered whether anyone had any useful tips that have helped them before that those of us who are finding it difficult to break out of the cycle of worrying might find useful?

I have gone from worrying specifically about my heart to going back to my all round worrying now and want to get off this circus ride if I can only find something that might help me.

Geoff2301
23-07-10, 14:52
although its difficult to motivate yourself, I always find some hard exercise helps alot...... if you can get hold of a bike, try an hours hard cycling in the morning or swimming/jogging...... it seems to help me anyway.

Baggs
24-07-10, 09:00
Cycling works for me too. I bought a bike a few months ago and can now manage 20 miles. All the best. Baggs.

cattia
24-07-10, 19:40
I am trying really hard to use distraction. I have booked myself another Drs appointment in a week and a half's time (it's been a week since the first one about this set of problems) and I am trying to tell myself that if there is anything wrong it will be dealt with then and in the meantime I need to give it time to see if it goes away with distraction. This is very hard to do, unless I am with other people and doing things that I find very consuming. For example, going out shopping with friends is a good one for me, and so is going to friends' houses with my daughter. I tend to find that when I am focusing on spending time with other people, my symptoms are reduced. If you can make yourself an appointment and then make it your target to 'shelve' the worry until then, you know that you are not ignoring it and it is being dealt with but you can try to do other things while you are waiting. It doesn't always work for me, but sometimes it helps.

Thumbelina
25-07-10, 08:39
I can distract myself by doing some house activity that I couldnt get around for a while, even if i have to force myself into, also watching very good comedy, then trying to imagine mysef in the bubble and me popping this bubble, but I think hard physical activity even including cleaning, normally works the best, becuase your body is getting tired and you also have results. Hope you will feel great soon.