PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and doctor called to discuss bloods. Scared.......

Adelle
24-07-10, 00:15
Hi, I just found out that Im pregnant a few weeks ago and went to do my blood tests ( which is a big deal for me as i am petrafied of the results ) I have been waiting for over a week and didnt hear anything back so I thought "phew, I must be OK " Well my fear came to reality yesterday when the nurse called and asked me to come in to discuss the results. I asked her if everything was OK ( she said yes ) and could I go in immediatly but she said they were booked until Monday. I made the appointment and hung up and broke down and cried. My husband then rang them back because he knows I couldnt go the whole weekend worrying that Im dying of something. He asked her if there were anything wrong and she said my vit D levels were low. Now Im OK with that as I am so scared of skin cancer that I havent gone in the sun for years so its understandable Id be low but what I want to ask is would she be lying and they found other things wrong, Would they have got me in straight away if there were anything else. I feel so sick with worry. Thankyou for reading this. Adelle.xxxxx

nomorepanic
24-07-10, 00:24
Well they would not lie about test results I know that - they are ethically not allowed to.

They probably just want to discuss what to do with the low levels

jinglebells
24-07-10, 00:25
Firstly, congratulations!
If it was something terrible they would have made space for you immediately. As for is she lying to? you I would think not, she is a trained professional. The low vit d levels are nothing to panic about and can be easily rectified. Chin up :-) and congrats again J x

Adelle
24-07-10, 00:56
thankyou to both of you for responding. I didnt mean she would lie about my vit d levels being low, I meant would she be hiding something else and just said that so I dont worry. I wish I could be like other expectant mums and be excited etc but my health anxiety just overtakes everything in my life. Anyway, Ill let you know what they say on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend.xxxxx