PDA

View Full Version : Hi - need support!

worrymiss
24-07-10, 20:36
Hi everyone,

I've mooched around on here for a while reading posts and now feel it's time I 'joined in'.

Ever since I gave birth to my daughter (3 years ago) I've suffered from health anxiety. Every headache is a brain tumour, every ache a horrible disease and I'm now convinced the constant colds I'm getting (that always end up needing antibiotics) are something like cancer or an issue with my immune system - yesterday the GP said they want to run some tests when I'm well to see if there's something underlying which has put the fear of God in me.

I'm completely fed up of feeling like this, I know it's irrational, but I can't get away from thinking there's something terrible wrong with me and that I'm never going to see my little girl grow up.

I had a very traumatic labour which I had counselling to help get over, the psychotherapist said I was suffering from Post-Traumatic-Stress disorder and will have probably triggered this anxiety. My counselling stopped last year, but I'm beginning to think I need some further help.

So, that's me... please reassure me I'm not going mad!

S x

nomorepanic
24-07-10, 20:38
Hi worrymiss

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

calm
25-07-10, 10:08
hi worrymiss....this is another worrymiss also!....i have only been on this site a couple of days....oh my love i know exactly how you are feeling....four years ago i went through a hidious journey with my health.....i have been fine up until a month ago - but i keep on thinking my illness will come back.
i try and tell myself take every day at a time......sometimes it works sometimes it does not.....everyday i thank all that i am well....but the panic attacks and attacks before i am able to do this are horrendous. its because we have children and want them to be safe and secure......as i its a phase it will pass!.....we will be ok - with the help and support of all around us and this is the most wonderful place to find support and understanding. keep in touch xxxx WE WILL BE OK xxxxx

worrymiss
25-07-10, 13:53
thank you for your reply. I think you're right, we just want everything to be ok for our children. The silly thing is, I know it's not good for my little one to see her mummy so anxious - it's like a viscious circle. I have always suffered with anxiety, but since having her it's got a lot worse.... You are right that we need to take each day as it comes and be thankful for being ok, it's just this horrible anxiety that keeps looming. I'm so glad to have found this forum and find other people who feel the same (not that I wish this on anyone). xxx

calm
25-07-10, 13:56
i know and the more we try to hide it the worse it becomes....such a blasted vicious cycle. hopefully we will overcome it and break it xxxx you know wot, hopefully we havent got any enemies but you are so right if we did.....i would not wish this on them.
im so glad that i have found this forum too.....onwards and upwards....i am now going to take my dog for a walk....sometimes i feel that i cannot....but she needs it and you know wot so do i xxxxx

Vanilla Sky
25-07-10, 20:26
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

calm
25-07-10, 22:00
hope you get a good nights sleep....2mrw is another day and hopefully for us a much brighter one xxx