PDA

View Full Version : hi

sueg
21-02-06, 12:26
Hello my name is sue and im 37. I have suffered with this bout of panic disorder for the last 2 years and previously in my late teens for around 18 months. I am now severley restricted by this disorder and rarely leave my home and suffer on a daily basis with anxiety. I have tried various remedys ie cbt, hypnotherepy and medication but just cant seem to get back on track, this is an horrendous disorder and hope that by joining your community i gain some comfort amd maybe give some comfort to other members.

Ammeg
21-02-06, 12:34
hey!!!
welcome!!! we are all pretty lovely (even if i do say so myself!!!) hope you will come and tell us how your feeling and there will always be someone to try and help!!! sounds like your suffering from agrophobia!!??
Ammegx

stevepinker
21-02-06, 12:38
I just joined the site today so Hi Sue from another new member
Hopeful having people who know what it’s like will help
Can’t make it any worsted. Hopeful this site might be a turning point for
A lot of its members

sueg
21-02-06, 12:40
thank you so much for replying so quickly,its good to know that someone is here to listen, i have a good family and close friends who really try to help but they do not fully understand as they have never suffered with this illness, thank you again for replying.

Ammeg
21-02-06, 12:42
no worries!! you will find theres always someone hanging around!!! im on here nearly all the time- i found this site last week!!! me cant go out on me own and was completely house bound 3 years ago so know what your going through sueg!!!
Ammegxxx

darkangel
21-02-06, 12:43
HI Sue

Glad you have joined this site. You will meet lots of people who understand what you are going through, anxiety is a hellish thing to live with. I have suffered with GAD, panic attacks, agoraphobia for 8 years but I have it under control and learn how to adapt my lifestyle to cope with it. I still have bad moments but it doesnt have the same impact it did in the past. Read up on all the great links and once again welcome.

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

trac67
21-02-06, 12:47
Hi Sue,

Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Have a look about the forum, and ask any questions you have, someone will always come along and answer them as best they can.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sueiamnew
21-02-06, 20:15
Hi Sue and welcome to the site.

jill
21-02-06, 20:15
Hi Sue,

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

babydoll
21-02-06, 21:12
Hi welcome to the site. It is a very dibilitating illness and one that you can never understand unless you are suffering. By joining this site you'll realise that you are one of many and hopefully it will help you to know that your not alone.

take care

babydoll xxx

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 21:17
Hi Sue

A warm welcome aboard. We will do all we can to support you on here and help you get better.

Try this post for starters ....

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Nicola

gismo
21-02-06, 21:34
Hello I am a new member also ,I am 62 and have "ME" also but the mornings with the anxietyare very bad and i have panics in the night,I am so glad I have found this site thanks daily mail love gismo

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 21:40
Hi Gismo - a warm welcome aboard to you too.

Nicola

Karen
21-02-06, 21:59
Hi Sue & Gismo

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

sal
21-02-06, 23:38
Hi Sueg

Welcome to this site. Sorry that you are so restricted in what you can do but you will get lots of advice and see that you are by no means on your own in how you feel. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sal
21-02-06, 23:39
Hi Gismo

Great you have found the site, look forward to hearing more from you. We are all here to help each other.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".