PDA

View Full Version : New member - Im so glad i've found this site...

LeaConnolly
24-07-10, 22:44
Hello everybody, :)

My names Lea, im 29 years old and and suffer quite badly with anxiety and depression. Im constantly think im going to die and it seems to be getting worse. Thought I was some kind of freak to be honest and then I came across this site. After reading various threads I now realise im not on my own and that there are other people like me with the same thoughts and feelings which has made me feel alot better.

I had a pretty rough time growing up and have some really traumatic experience which I believe have caused me too be like this. So so low at the min . Convinced im riddled with cancer and cant swallow due to this horrible lump in my throat. Lost my sister a couples of months so ago, as you can imagine this hasn't helped.

If anybody has any advice for me, it would be gratefully received.:yesyes:

Take care

nomorepanic
24-07-10, 22:45
Hi LeaConnolly

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

T101
25-07-10, 00:06
Hi Lea - what a bad time you have had of it. I too had a bad childhood which is at the root of my constant anxiety and panic attacks. Knowing the 'trigger' is key and getting the right medical support for a truly terrible condition. My advise would be to seek medical help. I'm not much into meds but take 3 types daily. They are not addictive and will help 'cushion' you through this. Try with all your might to remind yourself of the facts when having a panic attack or feelings of anxiety....that is to say, your experiencing typical panic symptoms, nothing abnormal, so tight chest/throat etc is normal and will pass. Remind yourself of that fact over and over because this will push out any opening for the neg thoughts of dying and will cushion you through it. Also, be kind to yourself in your thoughts and hug that 'little girl' within who was traumatised because it's her anxiety you are feeling so listen to her and comfort her tell her she 'made it' and pat yourself on the back for coming this far in your life as an adult. Hope this makes sense and helps?

Baggs
25-07-10, 08:40
Welcome to NMP. I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Vanilla Sky
25-07-10, 20:27
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x