PDA

View Full Version : what to expect???

panic140671
25-02-04, 16:49
Hi,

I was just wondering what to expect from my first hypnotheraphy appointment. I have eventually plucked up the courage to see someone about my panic and fear of driving, and just wondered what happens on your first appointment. I am going tomorrow.

Thanks

Meg
25-02-04, 18:39
Good for you for taking that positive step to help yourself

Sarah is having hypnotherapy at present so will be able to explain it to you first hand.
It's very relaxing !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
25-02-04, 22:09
Hi panic

Have you my read my experiences - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/hypnotherapy.htm and also on "my story" - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/newmystory.htm

Good luck - you will love it

Nicola

sarah
26-02-04, 14:22
Hiya

Sorry I havent replied to the hypnotherapy question (I had 3rd session on Monday) but i woke up an hour ago for my hubby to tell me ive been out like a light for the last 40 hours or so - the rotter has given me his 'man flu'...lol

Anyway, panic140671, put 'hypnotherapy' in the search facility at the top of the page and you will see my post on it.

I was realy apprehensive at first but have found it relaxing and although im not sure that it is curing me yet, the councelling part of it is helping me offload all my problems so that is one bonus!!!

lat us know how you get on

love Sarah
xx
sorry, that probably wasnt helpful but im not feeling very with it with my cold...lol

panic140671
01-03-04, 08:49
Hi there,

I went for my hypnotherapy appointment on Thursday, but she ended up doing a technique called EFT. It involves tapping parts of your body and saying affirmations. I must admit that I thought it was a bit wacky to start with and didnt think this was going to work, but after the session I feel totally different. I had no panic symtoms all the way home which I normally do when driving and I just feel kind of weird since. I have suffered from panic attacks for over 3 years now and this is the first time in all that time that I have felt so good. I have another appointment this thursday and I cannot wait. I have never felt so confident, although I still get a bit nervous, but no where near as bad as I did. I have found a website that you may find of use and there is a downloadable manual that tells you how to do the procedure yourself. The address is www.emofree.com

I will let you know how I get on on thursday.

Meg
01-03-04, 17:49
Ther are several threads on this fairly recently and previously.
It is a reoccurring one with lots of positive messages .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
01-03-04, 19:23
Hi Panic

I recently added EFT to the Natural Remdies page on the website too.

Look at this too EFT. Anxiety cure? try it. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=715)

Nicola